Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current problems

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Current problems

Over on the fibre board there are currently a range of threads about packet loss, problems with games, and websites loading slowly. There is nothing on the status board about problems although some in these threads report conversations with advisors who acknowledge that there is a problem.

It would be helpful if Plusnet would tell us whether they believe there is a network problem. If so, when might we expect  resolution. We really don't want again to go though the situation earlier this year when there was a network problem that was not acknowledged promptly.

6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Current problems

PN will not divulge commercially sensitive material on these forums ,

So i doubt very much if they will reply here , never mind put a service status up Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
BrightonRock
Pro

Well no, of course they won't disclose commercially sensitive information. But the conclusion that everyone has drawn from the other forum is that they have a significant problem. This thread provides an opportunity to tell us that those threads are drawing the wrong conclusion and that, in fact, there isn't another network problem. I say nothing of the fact that telling the punters what is going on is usually seen as essential to keeping them as customers.

BrightonRock
Pro

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Wonders never cease Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

But it's a lot bland?  The problem is probably more widespread than 'The few' reported in these forums and shows the Plusnet Network diagnostic and monitoring function in very poor light!  The new Network appears to have some fundemental problems which need serious attention to stabilise the service.

I need to make some changes to my service in anticipation of BTOR delivering Fibre next year, but after 10 years with Plusnet my confidence is at an all time low that they can deliver.  Cry

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BrightonRock
Pro

@MauriceC I agree with you, but we are making progress in that we got an acknowledgement this time of network problems.

I already have fibre on the new network so this latest incident affected me. I echo your point about weak Plusnet diagnostics and the wider point (by you and others) about the unconvincing transfer to the new network.

Plusnet have a big change coming in the next year or two to move everyone to IPv6. I am pondering whether I trust their technical skills sufficiently to be here when they try!