cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Where Credit Is Due. Well Done Plusnet. Excellent Service.

NorthRiding
Grafter

Credit Where Credit Is Due. Well Done Plusnet. Excellent Service.

With my previous ISP I had a problem with my broadband with lots of disconnections and after about 2 months I was getting nowhere, continually being left not knowing what was going on and no change to the disconnections (and very low speed) despite a BT OpenReach engineer fitting new ADSL socket and junction box with RF filter and checking the line as far as the exchange. He told me that the problem was with the exchange or my ISP and I should request a lift and shift with my ISP as he had done all he could. He confirmed that there was no problem with my local connections and house wiring etc. Despite passing this info to my ISP, the disconnections continued and I was unable to get any action from my previous ISP (who I had been with since 1999 !!)
I decided that the only way forward would be to change over my HomePhone from BT and my broadband from my previous ISP because Plusnet were offering a very good deal, and the customer service appeared to be much, much better than the other alternatives I had researched.
Throughout the migration, I was emailed and received SMS text informing me of the progress.
On changeover, I connected the router and everything worked first time with no setting up on my part required.
The billing and account was set up no problem. My email addresses were set up on OE no problem. The webmail worked no problem.
The download speed was 10 times what I had previously had however the disconnections were still there and I raised a ticket on 30th of April.
Despite it being Bank Holiday weekend, I was led through a series of Broadband tests and I was fully informed of progress throughout. I was asked to monitor the progress and to remain powered up whilst tests were carried out.
I have been fully informed by email, phonecall and SMS text throughout the tests and am now in the position of having a line which has been without any disconnects for the past 3 days although Plusnet and myself are continuing to monitor the situation.
For me, A GREAT RESULT !!
Thank you Plusnet and J.S. and D.R. and A.R. and in particular Christopher B. (name withheld) one of the CSC analysts who has taken charge of my case after the initial linechecks etc and it would appear that Plusnet customer service personnel have solved the problem which had been driving me to distraction since February (albeit, most of this time was with my previous ISP).
adie:green All caps title changed as per link:rules ]
18 REPLIES 18
Mand
Grafter

Re: Credit Where Credit Is Due. Well Done Plusnet. Excellent Service.

Firstly, welcome to Plusnet. Smiley
Thank you for the feedback, we really do appreciate it, I've passed it on to our management team so the guys get the recognition they deserve.
Here's hoping you continue to enjoy the service. Smiley
bollxd

haha wait till peak times its the weakest slowest isp i have ever had....and i'm no isp virgin lol
NorthRiding
Grafter

Am watching live stream of Fulham v Atletico Madrid and it is still 0-0 after 16 minutes play. Stream coming in 100% with no problems. Also have 4 other browser windows open plus my Outlook Express running and email notification of bollxd's reply came in ok so no problems so far. Never been able to do that before............................
NorthRiding
Grafter

Well, that was a good half - 1-1 Fulham fighting back under pressure from the Spaniards......................good coverage - Thanks Channel 5 - as good as watching telly.......................must be getting around peak time by now? Thanks Plusnet too.
NorthRiding
Grafter

Extra time 1-1 Well done Fulham! !    Well done Plusnet.
Hope peak time doesn't arrive in the next half hour................................
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You're well into peak now Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
torbayguy
Grafter

You must be in the minority mate, thats all I can say!!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@torbayguy.. No he/she is not, Im happy with plusnet's services so far Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
smiffyb36
Grafter

@torbayguy.....same here too, no major problems, when there have been sorted fast and efficiently. I see you've had issues in these forums but it appears that people have tried to help you as fast as they can. It seems you're now slinging mud whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Ps Hi all  Smiley
First post but been following the forums for a while.
zubel
Community Veteran

I'm sure Plusnet will be pleased to hear they have another happy customer.
Most feedback that occurs on the forums is negative.  Rarely do people go through the bother of registering on the forums just to say "Thanks, it's great!", so I'm sure your posts are appreciated Smiley
B.
bollxd

seems like you are the minority with a connection that actually works haha........good luck
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Its always good to hear from a happy customer.
The nature of working in support whether its over the phone, via e-mail or an open forum like this one means that problems and complaints are always going to be more visible than those customers that are happy with the service. This is as they have as the former are more likely to shout about it than the latter.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
severedsolo
Grafter

@bollxd so im in that minority too? well let me tell you a story Smiley
in January, i signed on with Virgin Media, because im in a market 1 exchange, so all the prices are fairly similar for the heavy use products i want, and Virgin were offering Unlimited downloads with no Fair Usage Policy, everything worked great up until 5pm, where my download speed dropped sharply to a capped 512kbps i phoned up Virgin's technical support, and basically got told "its just because its busy" despite the fact that I was at the time on a 5 meg line.... even one of their own CSC people said that even if everyone on my exchange was onlihne at the same time he saw no reason why it should ever drop below 3meg. To make this problem even worse, because the DLM was recognising that my line wasn't getting the speed it should have, it kept raising the SNR Margin to try and compensate, thinking it was my line that was the problem. When i spoke to Virgin about this i was basically told that there was no problem and a high SNR margin was a good thing, despite my sync rate now being half of what it was. It really comes to something when you know more about how your ADSL connection works than your ISP's technical support! I signed up to the Virgin forums and quickly found that everyone on their ADSL service was having the same issues, after 2 months of consistantly terrible peak time speeds, and no word on a fix, just a load of Virgin people swearing that they had fixed it, even though it obviously wasn't.
Eventually, i managed to get in touch with the CEO who sorted out my MAC code for me, and i came to PN, who gave the best of the "high download limit" products, and it was slightly cheaper. 10 days later i was switched over, and miraculously everything was fixed! I gave PN a call, and they reset my SNR immediately resulting in my speeds going back to what they should have, and staying there right up until last week, when my phone line died, which wasnt PN's fault, something broke in the junction box.
When i phoned PN I had a BT engineer at my property, testing the connection after fixing it, just 4 hours later! since then, my 3 mile long line has been syncing at 8096Kbps whereas based on my Line length and Attenuation i shouldnt be able to get above about 6500 which is actually what i was getting before the phone fault.
Adding into this mix the fantastic politeness and honesty of the CSC team, (for instance: when i phoned up about a billing enquiry, I actually had someone say "to be honest, i dont know, but ill find out and phone you back in half an hour with an answer".... i dont know any other ISP who's staff would do that) the superb competance of the technical support (who actually know more about whats wrong than i do, and can usually work out what i mean when im describing it badly, which is nice)
I know i am not the only person who's experiences have been similar, i have heard similar stories from friends on the Virgin forum's who i recommended PN to when i switched, namely Paulpicks21, NittyGritty, and Moominfish on this forum that i can think of, they have all told me that they are very happy with the service. Whilst there are things i don't like about Plusnet (extreme traffic shaping, and £5 per 5GB overrun even if you only overrun by less than 1GB springs to mind) it seems to me that your opinion has been tainted by your own experience (which may be bad, i don't know im not you) and the fact that this primarily a support forum, so the people on here, generally only come on here when they have a problem, you don;t normally hear from the people for whom everything works great.
So in conclusion, i would say that in fact it is you who is in the minority.
by the way to any PN staff reading this: if you want to use it as a Testimonial on your sales page then please feel free Smiley I honestly can't think of an ISP who i would more heartily endorse
Steve
Seasoned Pro

That,s a good read severedsolo, And have to agree with you on how open and honest and polite plusnet are and the service i have been getting is far superior to my old ISP which was Tiscali.
Im all for Neg feedback but find it unfair when you get a few that trash a good thread like this just because they received a different service, I know a lot of members who have problems and are working with plusnet to get them sorted out and i dont see them trashing threads like this.Its a shame because the O.P. went to the bother of giving there  experience that he/she is happy with then you get the oddball that just wants to come and ruin it.
Long Live Plusnet i say Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.