cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting support

anniesboy
Rising Star

Re: Contacting support

So the question in my mind if this company is so bad, with no improvement after seven years.
Why stay ? 
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Smart alec.....
I stay, because, I do not have any problems with my line or connection,...... Except... as noted in the original post... 
Since that thread was last "live" I have only had occasion to contact support twice... and both times it went well... however... as many have pointed out... the underlying problems are still the same...and it needed to be addressed...
Underlying and recurring faults should have been sorted out by now... yet they still remain the bugbare of the company....  but hey.... "give them time....... and they will get there"
Customer waiting times will disappear, when the company has dealt with tose underlying problems...  until then... they will have to stop advertising for more customers, and hope that the "Improved"    Customer Award winning service makes more customers disappear, so that they can cope with the underlying problems...

progress  ? ?    I do sincerely hope so...
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I think a lot of people see the adverts boasting excellent UK based customer service then sign up for a contract. Once in a contract, it is often expensive to get out of it before the term is up. I think that is why a lot of people stay.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Shutter , unfortunately PN dont care so much for long time customers , Because we Keep bringing up their  Various promises to improve  Crazy Crazy which Most will admit we still waiting.  
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anon
Pro

It is an interesting business model.
Typically long term customers are paying more than the new customers. Look at the offers they make to get new customers.
But with the ease of transfer I wonder how many of those new customers will become old customers.
Perhaps PN are playing the odds game. There will only be a percentage of customers who run into problems and worry much about the problems. So only a percentage will discover how bad their customer service is, so the rest will remain even when the prices increase to the levels of long term customers.
And if the long term customers do not like the customer service then they can join the percentage who leave, but some long term customers will stay despite the problems and despite the poor customer service.
Why am I still here? Because when I said I was leaving they offered me a good deal, when it runs out if no fantastic deal is forthcoming to make up for the rubbish customer service....  I will certainly go.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Emmo
Hooked

Quote from: Firepig
How do I get in touch? Online chat isn't working. Phone says there is a 45 minute queue but I can submit an online support request. Where? I've been searching the site for ages and seem to be in an endless loop telling me to phone or use live chat.

Online chat is never working for me, it's always unavailable. Phoning support is an absolute joke. The TV commercial does not mention that you normally have to wait at least 45 minutes to get through. Tech support used to be 24 hours and you had a good chance of getting through fairly quickly after 1am, but now, everything closes at 10pm! In my opinion, they don't employ enough operators to deal with the demand.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Are you running an add blocker or a pop-up blocker?  These can defeat Chat.  See https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148718.msg1308837.html#msg1308837
@CRT, Can a warning be placed adjacent to all references to chat to inform users that their blocking tools might inhibit the functionality of the chat service?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Firepig
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
have you tried raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net
if you can explain the problem we may be able to point you in the correct direction

That link is to the Broadband Troubleshooter which requires choosing between not being able to connect and slow connection - neither is the issue. I've raised the issue in a separate thread Usenet Moderated Newsgroups in Other Queries, but no replies received.
Firepig
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
have you tried raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net
if you can explain the problem we may be able to point you in the correct direction

That links to Broadband Fault Checker which is not the problem. I've raised the issue in a separate thread Usenet Moderated Newsgroups in Other Queries, but no replies received.
Firepig
Dabbler

Quote from: spoon
I'm guessing this is about the Usenet problem you've reported in another topic. If so you could raise a ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22966&wizard_id=38
I'm not sure how far you will get with that as there's only one person in the whole of Plusnet that ever sorts out anything to do with Usenet and that's Bob Pullen.
Have you seen the post on plusnet.service.customer-feedback about this?

Thanks, that link seems to be just what I couldn't find by browsing the Plusnet website, so I've submitted a question there. I've also added my name to the complaints about this problem on plusnet.service.customer-feedback
Firepig
Dabbler

Still no response of any kind from Plusnet. The "support" live chat told me I would get support in the forums but no reply to my separate post about the Usenet problem in the forums. No reply to the support question raised three days ago through the website. No resolution in the plusnet.service.customer-feedback newsgroup, although one poster did at least get a reply agreeing that there was an issue.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the delayed response, this has been raised directly with our news provider and we'll update your ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.