cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting support

Firepig
Dabbler

Contacting support

How do I get in touch? Online chat isn't working. Phone says there is a 45 minute queue but I can submit an online support request. Where? I've been searching the site for ages and seem to be in an endless loop telling me to phone or use live chat.
26 REPLIES 26
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Contacting support

regarding Chat - try disabling your ad blocker
I just tried Chat and got through instantly
Firepig
Dabbler

Thanks that worked, but there's a queue for live chat....
mav:quote
Firepig
Dabbler

Incredibly, when I got through to live chat they refused to do anything, saying they couldn't deal with this sort of issue (technical fault their end) and "we have too many customers to raise individual tickets any more".
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

have you tried raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net
if you can explain the problem we may be able to point you in the correct direction
Anon
Pro

ncredibly, when I got through to live chat they refused to do anything, saying they couldn't deal with this sort of issue (technical fault their end) and "we have too many customers to raise individual tickets any more
That sounds about right.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Firepig
"we have too many customers to raise individual tickets any more".

...it just makes you want to weep!  Angry Shocked Cry
Who trained these people?  Talk Talk?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm guessing this is about the Usenet problem you've reported in another topic. If so you could raise a ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22966&wizard_id=38
I'm not sure how far you will get with that as there's only one person in the whole of Plusnet that ever sorts out anything to do with Usenet and that's Bob Pullen.
Have you seen the post on plusnet.service.customer-feedback about this?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocked  WOW !  That really takes the biscuit !  Cry

For as long as I can remember, many forum members here have expressed that the backlog of Plusnet 'tickets' would be reduced to manageable levels if Plusnet actually fixed some of the underlying problems, so that known issues wouldn't reoccur time and again for multiple customers and hence constantly clog up the support teams.
Plusnet have (for years) ignored resolving the causes of customer's complaints and instead repeatedly said any problems will soon be handled by recruiting and training ever increasing numbers of call-centre staff to fix the symptoms of the same old problems - again and again and again.
The reality is that there have never been enough call-centre staff, most of them can't solve common problems, and waiting times are shocking !.
How many years has this been going on ?
Does Plusnet ever listen to what customers say - and then do anything about it ?
It looks like we were right all along, and 'Chris' was just spouting the company line regarding staff recruitment and training.
Perhaps 'Chris' owes 'Shutter' and apology over all of those heated arguments in the past, now that there has been this admission that the staff still can't cope !.
It is apparent that customer support has been reduced entirely to fire-fighting, but the fire has now got too big to handle and is beyond control of the current staffing structure !.
It is about time that Plusnet refreshed their broken systems, create new products that customers want, and stop focusing on being cheap.
Cry
anniesboy
Rising Star

Surely the problem is that most people want a gold plated service but at a cheap price.
How that can be achieved I have no idea.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Nibiru
create new products that customers want

... and not create ones that they do not want.
Quote from: anniesboy
How that can be achieved I have no idea.

Actually its easy - you address the CAUSES of issues at their SOURCE - that is far cheaper than dealing with the consequences (SYMPTOMS) of failure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely the problem is that most people want a gold plated service but at a cheap price.

"Most people" probably want an adequate service for a fair price,
whereas Plusnet offer a deteriorating service and reduction in features for the lowest price.
Cry
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Funny how some people think the members are to blame. It isn't Plusnet's fault for providing a service they can't support properly?
Don't forget, they boast award winning customer service. I suppose that is also the customer's fault for believing it?
steveuk
Grafter

Maybe they should change the wording on fault tickets then because nothing worse than it saying please give us 24hours then almost a week later you hear nothing and i don't care how cheap the service is.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: Nibiru

Shocked  WOW !  That really takes the biscuit !   Cry

It looks like we were right all along, and 'Chris' was just spouting the company line regarding staff recruitment and training.
Perhaps 'Chris' owes 'Shutter' and apology over all of those heated arguments in the past, now that there has been this admission that the staff still can't cope !.

Cry

Highly unlikely..... The best I could expect would be.... his famous line.............  " Give us time.... we`ll get there "......   
The question is, though..... "how much time do you need?..... and do you really know where you are going  ? ? ?  "

For newcomers..... and those who don`t know..... this thread...
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80676.0.html
was started 7/11/2009 and ran for NINE pages.....  interestingly...  the reply at the top of page NINE  in FEB 2012    THREE YEARS LATER ...from CHRIS

Chris
    Plusnet Staff
    View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
« Reply #128 on 08/02/2012, 21:41 »
Gerry,
A one of snapshot of stats doesn't suddenly mean we're understaffed! The proof is in the reduction of complaints on here about the call wait times (I'm not saying we don't still get complaints but EVERY call centre has spikes of calls that means long waits happen sometimes. We've also not seen as many complaints about ticket turnaround times. I'm not saying things are perfect, but they certainly aren't as bad as you're trying to make them sound.

Here we are a further FOUR YEARS on... and SEVEN years since the original thread.....  the above does not quite ring true,.... unless of course you believe.......    " Give us time.......... We`ll get there "... 
along with the admission that having too many customers is the main reason that they cannot cope.... 

Erm... just seen an advert on the telly..... some company trying to entice more customers with the slogan.....  " Broadband that loves you back....." 

is this the same company that has too many customers already ? ? ? ?