cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conned with cashback offer!

Clare2705

Conned with cashback offer!

I am absolutely disgusted at PlusNet's 'customer service' today - I have just been told after numerous phone calls in the last couple of weeks and after being told I was receive cashback when I signed up - that I am now not entitled to the cashback!  I signed up on the basis of an offer that PlusNet were running that you had to sign up to by 17 October in order to receive £75 cashback - everything went through ok etc etc I was told I would receive an email 10 days after my service went live in order to claim my cashback.  I have still received no such email and have been told today that I am not eligible.  At 25 weeks pregnant this is not what I want to hear as extra stress is not what I need.  I have been completely conned by PlusNet and on this basis I cannot carry on being a customer.

12 REPLIES 12
frankc52
Grafter

Re: Conned with cashback offer!

I have registered for the mobile service and was thinking of going over when my sky contract finishes but this is one strike against them, hope I don't find more like yours!

I hope you get it sorted and they do you proud.......

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Clare2705

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had up to this point. I'm just looking over your account and I'm going to listen to the sales call to find out what was discussed/offered during signup.

I'll be back in touch later today once I have more information to provide an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Further to my previous response, I've responded to the ticket on your account.

As per my response to the ticket on your account, I do sincerely apologise for how this matter has been handled up to this point. It appears the sales advisor you spoke to failed to apply the correct offer code to your account, however they did certainly offer cashback over the phone and you are due a cashback cheque.

As such, I have escalated this matter with our marketing team and will provide a further update via the ticket on your account once I receive a response from them.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Clare2705 I'm happy to advise I have now received a response from our Marketing team, confirming that they have arranged for your £75 cashback cheque to be sent out to you.

The cheque should be with you within the next 14 working days.

Thank you for your patience with this matter. Please do let me know if it hasn't arrived after 28/12/16 and I will chase this up again for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mr_Ormerod
Grafter

Awesome to see an error get fixed and make someones day!

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@Mr_Ormerod

The cheque hasn't arrived yet. Too soon to celebrate.

Mr_Ormerod
Grafter

Least there has been a decent response and something seems to be happening!

All I get is:

"Thank you for your reply I have tested your line and your connection is stable and the line is running at 40mbps, I can find no issues with testing but looking at the fault notes I am not sure what issue you are experiencing.

If you are having issues can you either reply with the issue or link the forum post when you put the issue on."

Clare2705

I am glad this matter looks as if it is getting resolved - I didn't like more or less being accused of lying through your online webchat - thankfully the call was recorded.   Once the cheque is received I shall let you know.  Thanks for your help so far.

Anon
Pro

I had this problem a year ago, exact same response that they would listen to call, yes I was entitled to cash back. I think PN ONLY send cashback if one complains, it's a marketing ploy.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Clare2705

Harry

Just to let you know the cheque still has not been received. Please could you chase this for me?

Thanks
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that @Clare2705

I've dropped an email off to our marketing team to chase this up for you. I'll be back in touch with an update as soon as possible.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Further to my previous reply, I've now had a response from our marketing team and I've updated the ticket on your account.

Your cashback should be paid back in to the account your monthly direct debit is taken from within the next 10 working days and the cheque that was sent has been cancelled.

Thanks for your patience with this matter, I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet