cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

Preacherlady
Grafter

Confused

Changing over to Plusnet from Sky for phone and broadband.  Engineer booked for 3/11, confirmation that Sky will  cease supplying service on that date but had a text message from Plusnet to say broadband will change at midnight in 30/10!
So am now very very confused! Emails from Plusnet say one thing and text says something different.
Will be charged by Sky to 3/11 so why this text message?

This message shows sent 16/10 but has only just appeared in phone!
19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Confused

I've just double checked and the orders are both in place for the 3rd Nov. Basically when the order was submitted this was placed with a date of the 29th (which is why it said the 30th to you) but as the orders for phone and broadband matched up, this date moved to the 3rd Nov.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Preacherlady
Grafter

Thank you for solving that puzzle for me!  That has made me happier.
Preacherlady
Grafter

Just hoping that everything happens next Tuesday and an engineer turns up etc.  Received router.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The same goes, I've set a reminder to check how things go on the day.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Preacherlady
Grafter

Thank you Adam.
Preacherlady
Grafter

More confused!  Had email this morning to say a engineer will come today to set up broadband, but will not be in part of day, Adam has said it is booked for 3rd, so why this email again showing change today!  If he turns up and not in then it is not my fault.
edit - after waiting 40 minutes for live chat have got it confirmed yet again for 3/11.  not sure why email sent.
Preacherlady
Grafter

Hoping that things happen tomorrow, wondering if will get another email in morning to say engineer coming!
Will have to wait and see.......
Hoping Adam Walker checks things out as he said earlier!
Chris
Legend

I've just checked the order and it's still showing as:
Provide Committed  03/11/2015 AM
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Shetland
Dabbler

Chris - please can you tell me what 'Provide Committed' means? I am enquiring on behalf of Preacherlady who is not connected to the Internet yet.
Chris
Legend

The type of order is a provide order. Committed is the current status of the order, it goes through a few different states from submitted, automation in progress. Committed is the last step before completed.
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you.    My friend has still not had a visit from Open Reach and has stayed in all day.  She has the telephone connected. Please can you tell me if someone will connect the Internet today? She is growing anxious about it.
Preacherlady
Grafter

Well I eventually found out after hanging on the phone for 50 minutes that the BT Engineer was not coming!  No text to me about this.  As was already on fibre the engineer decided that the job done at cabinet so did not need to come to house or even let me know!!
He should have come to house as I might not have had a BT modem and in fact though have one that I used with my old Sky router it shows signs of not connecting properly at times, so that is why got new Sky router that did not need it.  When I made the order I asked about this and was assured engineer would come to make sure connection was good.........
Anyhow, once I knew I was connect I set up the router and modem that I had [PN are sending me another but could take up to a week!] and whilst hanging on phone an hour and quarter later I realised the light had come on router and I was connected.
So now I am connected with Plusnet but am not impressed with the service today, OK Plusnet did what they had to do but the engineer needs to be advised that if he is booked for a house call her makes one!!
Hope my return has been worthwhile after the mess made today!
Chris
Legend

I am very sorry about this, I've got to hold my hands up and take at least partial blame on this. When I checked the order it showed as the appointment booked for the 3rd, however I didn't check the order notes (I'd forgotten it was a fibre migration) which stated that the appointment wasn't required and had been cancelled.
I'm very happy to see you were able to get online and please accept my apologise for my mistake.
Preacherlady
Grafter

Well, although it was a fibre migration, then I should have been informed engineer would not come, but still consider he should attend to ensure that the customer has a BT modem and that everything is working!  A text message this morning to tell me that my broadband order is completed is not very satisfactory when it completed yesterday before I found out for myself by spending a long long time on phone!
As I am hard of hearing using the phone is not my choice of communication, the Internet is much easier.

I am hoping that this old modem continues to work until I receive a new one from you.
Checked speed last night and better than got with Sky even though same equipment at box so hoping that continues.