cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

Preacherlady
Grafter

Re: Confused

Oh, and notice that some customers get offered goodwill gestures as a result of mess ups and or lack of communication so wondering now if I will get anything!
Preacherlady
Grafter

The new modem arrived yesterday which is good as it is half size of old one and seems to be working fine now.  Quicker too than the week I was told it would take!  Not heard any more about any goodwill gesture for the mess up though.
MelRocks
Grafter

Thanks for getting back in touch,
We do sometimes offer goodwill gestures if customers are are delayed in getting online by issues like this. However, as we can see on your account and you have stated, you still got online on the same day you were told you would. Therefore, no goodwill gesture can be offered in this instance as you experienced no downtime. I understand this may not be what you want to hear and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused previously.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Normally, if an engineer fails to attend, you can claim for the first day of work if you have to take a second day off work as you would have to take a day off anyway.
In your case you stayed in for an unnecessary appointment as it wasn't needed, so if you incurred any expenses or loses as a result I think you have a good case to expect compensation.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights might be useful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Preacherlady
Grafter

As I am retired I do not think that staying at home would be recompensed, it just seemed like a very long day!
I may have got in line the day expected but as I had to make a very long call on my mobile to find out I was on line as nobody let me know from Plusnet or the engineer!!
However, did not really expect any goodwill gesture but thought would ask!  And things seem to be working OK now.