cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely and utterly fed up with plusnet

mariek
Grafter

Completely and utterly fed up with plusnet

I have reported slow broadband on the forum.  My postings have been ignored by plusnet staff (maybe I need to be posting comments such as "thanks Jo Jo" with a wink in order to get a response??? - perhaps that won't work as I'm a woman).  I have a pending ticket which tells me nothing about timescales.  Enough is enough. 
13 REPLIES 13
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Re: Completely and utterly fed up with plusnet

The forum is not the place to raise items to be looked at, although it can sometimes help, the forum is just a forum.
The ticket system seems pretty useless.
The only way to get an issue looked into with speed is to telephone Plusnet.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Hi Mariek  Wink (kidding, of course)
FFD is correct, in that the only way to get 'direct' support is via telephone. The ticket system isnt "useless" but unfortunately some 'pools' have a lot of tickets in, and as such take a while to get a response.
Most of the people on the forums are customers, like yourself - but we will do everything we can to help with advice / procedures etc.
Failing that, pop into IRC (link in sig.) - NOTE: Any staff in IRC are usually not at work, and as such cannot help with problems. Regular members are available usually in the evening if you want to chat / grab some help (although not always will you get a response, us geeks in there tend to be slow) Smiley
*Goes to hunt out your complaint of slow broadband*
Also worth a note: this topic would have better been put in the feedback forum i think Smiley
Regards

Edit: thanks for the nudge over Jim
Smiley
Dabbler

hi all,
I'm also a bit fed up with plusnet.
I have just got off the phone with PlusNet after reporting a slow wifi upload speed on my router.
When I informed them I was an Apple user they suggested "I get a real computer".
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Smiley,
Thanks for the heads up - I'm looking into this now for you.
With regard to the issues you're having, would you mind posting details in this thread please? If you could include the make and model of your computer, which operating system version and who makes the wireless adapter (if you know) that'd help us as we're looking into these issues at the moment. That's not to say they won't be fixed with the firmware upgrade though.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@mariek - I can see you've got a fault raised on this line, the last couple of days seem to have held connection fine and your line profile's currently at 6000 so it doesn't look like there's a fault with either your router or the line. Likewise it seems that your exchange is alright.
I suspect the best thing to do would be to run at least one BT speed test at http://www.speedtester.bt.com and post the results here and in your ticket, we can look into it from there if that's alright as all tests are at present indicating that things are fine.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@mariek See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93609.msg785976.html#msg785976
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Smiley
Dabbler

Thanks all for the heads up... I've posted my details on the other thread.
It's not so much the problem that I'm bothered by but the telephone advice of the support agent. (Hopefully he was just having an off day)
Smiley
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

must admit the bt speedtester is crap ,, speedtest.net gives better results.
and as for customer service PN has none ! 
    the bt speed test does not accurate results.
and as for them asking make and model of a PC theis make no diffference to you connection ,,  WHAT a load of BULL POOH
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unfortunately BT want to see results from the BT Performance Tester before investigating a fault report. That also shows the user's IP Profile which your suggested alternative does not.
Also for an upload speed problem using a wireless connection from the PC to the router the make of PC is very much part of the issue.
David
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Undecided as to the make of PC , mine  was built by myself so who,s shall i say is the manufacturer Del ? Pc world ?  no it  depends upon the chip manufacture on the motherboard not on the name on the front of the PC !
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The detail regarding the PC is more to make sure it's not old or slow, as if there are slow speeds noticed and it's not a powerful PC the issue could be that software is not running as well as it should - if you've built your own PC just advising of the processor speed and amount of memory should be fine. As spraxyt says it also means we have an idea of the connection type (wired or wireless) and therefore the speeds across the internal network.
With regard to the ping times, high ping times in the middle steps of traceroutes rarely affect the ping times to the final destination site as this is dependent on when that server actually responds to the ping packet rather than how long it takes for it to forward it on. It may be worth signing up to http://f8lure.mouselike.org/auth.asp as this will ping your own IP on a regular basis and show graphs of the ping times - however from checking the images on your ticket there's nothing that looks like a fault I'm afraid. Have you tried doing a wireshark capture when you're using the affected service?
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

cheers matt , nice to have a reply .
will try the items you advise and will get back to you .
thanks