Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Logged

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Complaint Logged

I've made our Faults team aware again and provided them with a idea of what to do next.
The physical line is testing fine and everything is set okay on our end.
The test you run that uses the speedtest@speedtest_domain login bypasses our network and goes to our suppliers network instead.
If this is failing it could well be a capacity issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hapless
Grafter

Hi Matt,
question - why are you advising the faults team what to look for?! Doesn't say a lot for the team?
Moving on... Looking at the update that CT has posted to the ticket, and the revised tests done today, I'm not convinced that it is problems with BT's side?
If you look at the attached, you can see the first 2 columns are connected to speedtest_domain, the next 2 are to Plusnet.
If you then look at the bottom line (I've added the big red square for the myopic among us), the downstream rate is very close for both domains.
Upstream, well, that's miles out so I have no clue there.
You say it's set ok on your end but the profile has dropped quite a bit since I reported the fault in June - it used to sync at 76+, so maybe that's part of the problem?
   GREAT OAKLEY
Estimated line speed:
   76Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-06-19 17:23:45
Current line speed:
   67.6 Mb

Any reason why there is such a difference between your line speed and the BT checker (attached) - especially as you confirm that the physical line is fine so if you're classing it as an impacted line I'd like to know why?
Oh, wallet muggers and the current mrs hapless are all home so appointment for Engineer number 4 is fine for whenever - if you can let CT know please?
Not sure why he's contradicting the previous tech, KM - CSC - Team Managers, that there is nothig further to be done at the house?
But hey, what do I know....?
adie:red correct word to Plusnet as per link:rules
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I used to be on the Faults team hence why I can give them a 'gentle' poke of what to do Wink
To explain simply the two speedtests having similar results points the issue more to our suppliers then us.
For example if it was us at fault the speeds on the first test would be poor and the speeds on the speedtest_domain test would be at their maximum.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team