Did you mean: 

Complaint Logged

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Complaint Logged

Andy,
That is just the point - they ought to provide for EU testing and fault reporting too.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hapless
Grafter

Well....
Mr BT has just been.
Interesting chat, ran his tests, didn't want tea
Scores on the doors...
Max actual d/s is 79.999, forgot to ask what line is capable of.
Max actual u/s is 19.999, line can go to 28
SNR 6.1
attenuation 4.1db
0 CRC
0 FEC
His words - " line is as near perfect as you'd want it"
So, over to you Plusnet.
Ball is very firmly in your court
*Edit*
I presume the faults team have another 72hrs before they have to get back to me? Or maybe longer as they have to wait for the info from BT?
My profile currently says:
Telephone number:
    01536******
Phone exchange:
    GREAT OAKLEY
Estimated line speed:
    76Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-06-19 17:23:45
Current line speed:
    68 Mb
hapless
Grafter

Just run new BT tests as per Plumnet's request, see attached.
I'd update the ticket but can't get in to the portal, it's doing nowt and has been like that for over an hour?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

yeah it's bust but is being worked on
catelliott
Grafter

Hi hapless,
I'm really sorry about this, the issue with the portal been logged as a priority and our team is looking into this urgently. We'll have it back up and running ASAP Smiley
hapless
Grafter

Just had my session disconnected, can't remember that happening before?
Anyways, they want to send another engineer after an e-chat with supplier says they are seeing upload errors?
Not what mr BT said yesterday?!
Engineer Notes: EU in service. Canno t find or reproduce any fault on the lin e. The JDSU is in sy nc at 80mbs and erro r free. EU says he o nly gets through put of 25mbs. Pqt passe d as o cannot find a nything wrong I have referred him to his cp

Fine, I'm not paying for anything, the longer they mess about the more it will cost them - not the right attitude I know but they started it.
hapless
Grafter

Another engineer booked for tomorrow morning.
"Apparently", the engineer on Monday only did basic line quality test and no fault finding - I know what I'm thinking but...
Looked at router logs this morning as I noticed IP had changed again.
Jul  6 10:38:34 - full shut down/restart of ECI modem and router after visit by Mr BT
Jul  6 16:53:18 miniupnpd[439]: recv (state0): Connection reset by peer
Jul  7 00:45:58 pppd[583]: LCP terminated by peer
Jul  7 13:43:56 RT-N65U: Perform WAN manual disconnect - close session to change connections settings to rerun bt speedtest and tap3
Jul  7 18:06:03 RT-N65U: WAN down (ppp0) - the curent Mrs hapless not impressed as she was in the middle of doing a work sync and had to re-do it.
Jul  8 02:05:56 RT-N65U: WAN down (ppp0)

Nowhere near as bad as others have had and from the radius log taken by the faults team on 23/6, shows the line was solid for 56 days up to me speaking to technical on 19/6 and fine again until 23/6. Dunno about after that.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Here's the RADIUS graph since the 26th.

I sincerely hope that the next engineer finds whatever the issue is and fixes it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hapless
Grafter

Thank you Chris.
Well.
Mr BT mk2 rang me to say he was about 15 mins away.
He duly arrived at 11.05, and set to work straight away whilst I made tea - I'm good at that!
He completed some tests and agreed with Monday's engineer that there was nothing wrong with the line.
He checked all the wiring in the socket in the office (which is the master), checked the entry point in the hall and test from there.
He ran some other tests and had a raft of notes.
He contacted a technical desk jockey called Eric, they went through a number of items together (didn't pay too much attention as I was trying to get a cover letter done for a job app - deadline midday!!) and did some more jiggery pokery.
Although not supposed to ("speculative replacement of components is not permitted" apparently), he replaced the ECI modem with a shiney new HG612, so I'll be able to get some stats out of it soon'ish.
Mr BT mk2 left about 12.15, so with me for over an hour.
Outcome?
No improvement at all.
Don't know if the unsubtle disconnects (3) this morning affects things, but performance overall for what was a very stable, solid line has disappeared?
In fact, speed tests are all over the shop, see variety of attachments below.
hapless
Grafter

Dearest Plumnet,
We are now approaching our anniversary, not a big one, but a milestone all the same. Some may say millstone, but I believe in us.
So, how about, you and me, Friday evening, we cuddle up and watch the speed test results tumble, the connections drop and the snail like performance of your suppliers, as it is very clearly not Duffnet's fault with all the issues I'm having.
We can reminisce about the good times we've had, think back to the days when the sync and stability were legendary, when support could solve all your problems in a single ticket or a quick phone call, when these hallowed forums were full of happy users, and the adslguide and kitz were there for the techies.
And slowly drift through the weekend, forgetting our cares and ingoring all the naysayers and doom mongerers....
Or,
we could just stop blaming suppliers for Plumnet failings and actually, you know, give real details about problems and honour our promises for timely replies and good support and, oh I don't know, may be do us proud?
I cannot believe that this is all being passed back to BT (I'll name them, even if you won't) - I'm sure BT love being blamed for everyones' ills, certainly the engineer who came last week was not impressed when I showed him my ticket details and comments.
Shame he possibly won't get to see what was written subsequently, but just in case he looks in here:
I can see that the engineer visited and appears to have not completed any work to try and resolve this fault.

Really?!
It's now Tuesday, no update since Friday when I was asked to complete a further BT test - which I've done at different times/different days and still fails. TBB multi and single tests still show severely restricted throughput, with big drops in evening peak times.
I leave it in your (used to be) capable hands....
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to see this is still ongoing.
I've flagged it to our Faults team and they'll get it picked up shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Estragon
Rising Star

On a lighter note that I hope will make you chuckle for a second or two
Quote from: hapless
And slowly drift through the weekend, forgetting our cares and ingoring all the naysayers and doom mongerers

That would be a very cruel way to treat anyone.
hapless
Grafter

Well!
Mr BT came bright and early this morning, different engineer, no tea.
He ran some tests, said the same as everyone has said, nowt wrong with it.
I then ran the usual gamut of tests with TBB (both muti and single threaded), then BT speedtest.
This said low 40's, so hit Further Diagnostics.
This delivered pic (...after_engineer), and the following after connecting to the speedtest@speedtest_domain
So, I've just had a ticket update and I'm being told that:
I have checked the engineers notes from the visit this morning and I am extremely sorry that despite the tests you have
completed, which prove that the fault lies in the openreach domain, the engineer has failed to do anything.
I have now pushed this back to the escalation team at our suppliers and advised I expect work to be completed on
the network, either at the cabinet or the exchange without the need for a further visit to your property.

So the big questions are:
Where is the fault?
What is the fault?
Is it Openretch or Plumnet?
What further work can be done at the exchange or cabinet?
Would I see the same issues with another CP?
What to have for lunch?
I'm asking here in the hope the collected wisdom may shed some insights as to whats occuring, thanks all.
alext05
Grafter

Quote from: hapless
Where is the fault?
What is the fault?
Is it Openretch or Plumnet?
What further work can be done at the exchange or cabinet?
Would I see the same issues with another CP?
What to have for lunch?

All good philosophical questions. But I can only help with the last one (see the link below):
http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2009/09/calming-foods-list.html
Hope someone more clued up on the technical side, like your current provider for example, will give you the answers to the other ones. Soon. All the best. Smiley
Empirical
Grafter

I would definitely demand for more detail on that then. WHAT TEST proves it's BT's issue, HOW does it prove it? And what does it show? Full details to show the inevitable next engineer that will come and say nothing is wrong still since apparently Plusnet and BT won't or can't actually just sort it out between them for the sake of customer service.