cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Logged

hapless
Grafter

Complaint Logged

Just because Plumnet cannot do what they say.
Fed up now, TAP3 results show poor line and still I wait.
14 days since fault logged - told on phone engineer would look at fault within 3 days.
10 days since test results done,
9 days since I was told to wait for support to look at results - within 72hrs of me updating ticket with results
4 days since I asked was when would I be available for an engineer to visit  - after I chased as I had heard nothing for 7 days.
3 days since I was blamed, in a chat, for the delay in getting an engineer booked as I hadn't contacted Plumnet!!
During the frustrating chat on 30/6/15, after I said we're not getting anywhere, leave it there, I get this peach:
Looking through the information, the fault was logged on the 19th June for you, we started tests for you on the 23rd june when we advised you that an engineer would be required however we didnt hear from you until yesterday to book this

Wut!!
Ticket updated 23/69/15 @ 13.58 with:
Dear Mr hapless,
So that we can investigate your fault further we need you to complete a speed test at speedtest.btwholesale.com. Once completed please complete the further diagnostics so that results are uploaded to us.Please ensure the test is completed while connected to the router via a cable
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

It makes no mention of engineer visit, or for me to contact Plumnet?! I did update the ticket that day though and rang the following day.
I replied to the ticket to ensure the information was visible, less than 2.5hrs later on 23/6/15 @ 15.27:
Hi,
test completed.
Initial test said 39.5 down and 14 up, with down being outside acceptable speed.
Tap3 test gave 26.33 down and 3.07 up.
Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Blah blah....
FYI, I have an ECI modem and the FTTC cab is an Huawei

I rang the following day and was told that I had to wait for the results to be picked up, would be in 72hrs of the results
The next update on my ticket was applied on 29/6/15 @ 12.05, by the analyst who I was on the phone to, whilst he put me on hold to talk to the tech. I was promised that the ticket would be updated by the end of the day and that the tech assigned was looking at my case at that exact moment!!!:
**INTERNAL**
EU wants to make us aware that his IP is an American IP - California to be precise
EU is available on engineer times as of tomorrow
30/06/2015 - 8am - 1pm and evening 1pm - 6pm
01/07/2015 8am - 1pm and evening 1pm - 6pm
02/07/2015 8am - 1pm and evening 1pm - 6pm
03/07/201 8am - 1pm and evening 1pm - 6pm

In the same chat with a member of the team on 30/6/15, I was told:
ok as i have stated already to you we have the information the faults team will pick this up for you and will be back in contact with you by 9pm on Thursday

So 21.00 has been and gone, there does not appear to have been any activity at all fro me and speeds just get worse.
Award winning support and leading the way on satisfaction? Just looking at any forum that mentions Plusnet just says this is not true.

32 REPLIES 32
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Complaint Logged

They are just full of broken promises.  Its a shame as they used to be so good.  Now they appear to be at the really bad end of the range for customer service  Angry
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@hapless
I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a response. A agent from the faults team took this on personally however he hasn't updated this in as while as you've shown.
I've made his manager aware and we're getting this picked up now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hapless
Grafter

An engineer is apparently being booked for Monday am now.
Why do people have to make a fuss to get something done?
Why should I deliver on my part of the deal - I pay for the service to be delivered - but Plusnet don't have to and an apology will fix things?
How about I withhold payment until things are back on track? I can hear the screams of you can't do that it's wrong?! So it's ok for a company to do it but not me?
In 2 weeks, Plusnet have lost all credibility.
They have no shame, the staff appear to say anything to get people off the line/chat.
Support hours are being cut, with no reduction in pricing to reflect the reduced package offering.
Reduced their package.
Increase prices across a range of call package items.
Increase in early termination fees.
I've just had a Team Leader on the phone as well now. I would feel sorry for him as this issue is not of his making, but like all the promises given by the 6 different people I've spoken/chatted to in the past fortnight, all the assurances I've received today are just empty promises - until things actually happen then I cannot take any other view based on what's gone before for everyone, not just me.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This shouldn't have happened at all.
With any fault on a residential connection we aim to respond and update customers within 72 hours.
When the agent took it on personally they should have been checking daily. It's now been took off said agent and we're following it up internally.
Again I'm really sorry this has happened and I hope we get this sorted soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hapless
Grafter

Matthew,
here's a simple question I asked on Tuesday and got told 3 different answers.
No cheating now, not allowed to look at the chat transcript, but just for the others out there who may be wondering....
How long is 72hrs?
In good old fashioned customer service land, plain, unambiguous, easily digestible, simple to understand english would be good to.
No prizes, no badges, just a straight answer please.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Our faults team work all week so 72 hours is 72 hours if that makes sense.
However that's just our internal SLA for checking the fault and updating you. If our suppliers are involved then their definition is Monday to Saturday for fault repairs as far as I'm aware.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hapless
Grafter

Thank you Matthew.
Now then, consider me a soft southern monkey and not of the intelligence that yorkshire folk possess, but how is that 72hrs defined? And is it different for different departments (based on your comment then yes?)?
Is that 72hrs / 24hr period = 3 days.
Or is that 72hrs / a working period = x days - if so, what defines a working period?
Is the desription given to me earlier this week correct:
HI: we aim to respond within 72 working hours (defined by the working hours for the suppliers being 9am-9pm monday to friday) however there are times when this can stretch to 96 hours
hapless: So 72hrs equates to 6 working days and 96hrs is 8 working days. Is that correct?
HI: no it equates to 3 working days and 4 working days
If this above is correct, which one is it?! And it's different to what you stated in your reply?! So who's word should we take?
As Duffnet is cutting support access times and how to contact support, then I think a clear definition is not unreasonable?
Ultimately, if you guys and girls can't agree what you should be aiming for, how do we stand a chance??!!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It seems the agent who you had the live chat with didn't advise you correctly so I've fed that back.
So the SLA our Faults team aim to is 72 hours aka 3 days from when a fault is raised. So if you had raised the fault today they would aim to get around to it by 3:35 on the 6th of July.
Please note this is just for us to provide updates. If the fault has to go to Openreach or Wholesale their SLA's can be slightly different.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Matthew,
That does seem a lot clearer.  What would be much more sensible though is if everyone avoided trying to bend light by qualifying durations with "working days / hours".  In a 24/7 society, all durations (expectation management) should be in elapsed time - days or hours.
What I think many users do not quite understand is that it can take PlusNet "72 hours" to look at a fault report - there after it might be another "72 hours" with your supplier before they fix things.  If only someone were tasked with making BTOR do better, there might be less issues for PlusNet faults team to deal with and they could shorten their first touch - turnaround to within 24 hours.  That would be better but still short of ideal.
BTOR should be made to provide direct to the EU line test and fault reporting facilities, just as there used to be before it was all split up.  Just do not see why there needs to be reseller intervention diagnosing the supplier's network - surely that is their job?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

It's up to the ISP to implement the features that allow end user line testing. BT Consumer have a very good diagnostic webpage for line faults which will pinpoint the location and allow you to access the engineer fault book. Plusnet do not have such a system in place though, although there is no reason why they could not use the features made available to them.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Andy,
I do not disagree that PlusNet could implement such things, but is that not like expecting every reseller of a HP computer to provide their own diagnostic tools?
I see no reason why BTOR cannot (should not) provide and make available to the end user through some suitable interface the means of testing THEIR infrastructure as used / made available to the user's premises.  It would provide a level playing field for all ISPs and might even help BTOR see cross reseller regional / local issues.  If BTOR's approach was taken to its logical conclusion, every CP ought to provide their own 17070 diagnostic service.
Given that this would be a major improvement for all EUs, I guess it has zero chance of becoming a reality - it is simply too much of a good idea!  Crazy
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: Townman
If BTOR's approach was taken to its logical conclusion, every CP ought to provide their own 17070 diagnostic service.

You're not going to like this, but that's exactly what they do.
Openreach's customers are the CPs with equipment in the exchanges. BT Wholesale, Sky, TalkTalk, Vodafone. Each of those provides its own 17 ....  oops! BTW and Sky provide their own 17070 service. I'm not sure TalkTalk do - I think not. Vodafone (C & W) may or may not.
BRABUS
Grafter

...and how much is hapless going to be compensated for a plus net map ember if staff not doing their job properly?  it's a serious question that needs asking.
AndyH
Grafter

I think the 17070 is used for all lines served by Openreach no?