cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

cpats
Hooked

Compensation

Thanks to your poor customer service in repairing a fault with my broadband (13 days + numerous hours on the phone to plusnet) and a paltry few pounds compensation, I have just arranged a new provider to take over from you.

The go live connection date is 05 September 2017. I would like to close my account from then (which should now be in credit) and will be cancelling my direct debit. 

I'll be ensuring I tell as many people as possible using social media about the poor levels of support and service offered by plusnet. I expect the lost revenue in the end will far outstrip the compensation offered me.

Have a nice day:)

12 REPLIES 12
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Compensation

I'm sure they're gutted.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

you don't need to do anything other than tell your new ISP.
however, you should know that if the problems you've had have been due to a line fault then they'll still be there when you move ISP.
moving ISP doesn't automatcally get rid of faults on lines.

with regards to loss of revenue, i think you are over valueing your opinion.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

The OP  is not the first to leave because of low customer service and i doubt he will not  be the last

Plusnet need to get their act together before leavers outstrip the new free offer uptake Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

i'm sure plusnet have calculated their churn appropriately though.
businesses these days are mostly interested in "new customers".
cpats
Hooked

chenks76,

I'm sure your right regarding the churn. It isn't just coincidence that you can get straight through if you are enquiring about a new account, while existing customers can wait over an hour. New customers can also contact them via web chat and e-mail, yet this function doesn't exist for existing customers? Call me cynical but I have to agree with you.

And maybe I am overvaluing my opinion and the impact my post will have. However I have already cost them £550, if I can influence one other person that's £1,100 if I can influence 10 then the impact is £11,050, if I impact 100 in their decision...well I'm sure you can do the maths. It gets really exciting though when people I influence also influence others to not sign up to Plusnet. The impact keeps rolling. Finally if the other people on this forum who seem to be suffering from the same lack of customer service do the same and leave plusnet and inform their friends and family.

People need to start learning to vote with their feet, only then will companies start taking notice. I would advise anyone not happy with plusnet to develop some testicular fortitude and leave. Find a new supplier, they may not be any better but if we don't speak up nothing will change

chenks76
All Star

web chat IS available to existing customers.
email isn't available to anyone.

i've always said if you don't like then go elsewhere. it's not rocket science.
however, and this is the crunch, most people are only interested in price. they will flock to the cheapest advertised price because when it comes down to it, people want something but don't want to pay for it.

it's no surprise that the ISPs with the best reviewed CS are the ones that cost the most money.
cpats
Hooked

Hi Chenks76,

I think you'll find if you go to the plusnet website, select Contact Us, then Contact Our Sales Team you will see you have the option of online chat, e-mail and phone all of them fully functional. You can only phone if you select the Contact Customer Services under the Existing Customer tab. The chat services sow as out of service and their is no e-mail option.

Regarding cost, I had the option of paying as little as £16.7... something for 52mb fibre broadband and phone line, or if I want more I could have chosen a Now TV (£27), BT television or Sky subscription from £32 +.

Definitely better value than Plusnet, so if your opinion is right we should see people leaving plusnet in droves for better bargains. 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@cpats wrote:
People need to start learning to vote with their feet

Trouble is it's a win/win situation for the real culprits, Openreach.

People moving ISP regularly helps to keep them in work.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chenks76
All Star

@cpats wrote:

Hi Chenks76,

I think you'll find if you go to the plusnet website, select Contact Us, then Contact Our Sales Team you will see you have the option of online chat, e-mail and phone all of them fully functional. You can only phone if you select the Contact Customer Services under the Existing Customer tab. The chat services sow as out of service and their is no e-mail option.

Regarding cost, I had the option of paying as little as £16.7... something for 52mb fibre broadband and phone line, or if I want more I could have chosen a Now TV (£27), BT television or Sky subscription from £32 +.

Definitely better value than Plusnet, so if your opinion is right we should see people leaving plusnet in droves for better bargains. 

that email option is only for direct sales, nothing else.
and i said, web chat works perfectly fine for existing customers - you may not see it if you had an adblocker running though.

so who was offering 55/10 FTTC with line rental for £16.70pm for the length of the contract?
one would have to to ask though, if they were all better value why did you choose plusnet? seems an odd decision to make.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I think Webchat is currently turned off.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
cpats
Hooked

I looked at two websites Uswitch and Martin Lewis. The £16.7.. deal was a Martin Lewis BT deal which is more per month but when you minus the £150 cash back/credit it works out at £16.7.. and is a 12 month contract. The deal is open until the 24th August. I'm not a tech geek, but it may depend on where you live as you have to put in your postcode and phone number before it comes up with the deals. I didn't chose this one in the end, I went with Virgin. Slightly more but I'm hoping for better customer service.

With regards to why did I chose plusnet originally. I have been with plusnet nearly two years and have seen my bill increase over that time to an average of £45 per month. When I changed to them from TalkTalk two years ago my options were limited because of where I live. Now I can get all of the main suppliers and thus better deals.

cpats
Hooked

Hi I just copied this off the website for your info.

Ending. Fibre & line rent £327 for 1yr, get £150 card*

WORKS OUT EQUIV £14.74/MTH

• Available to: 83% of UK
  • Speed: Up to 52Mb 
  • Download limit: Unlimited 
  • Traffic shaping? No 
  • Contract length: 12 months
  • Deal requires line rental? Yes
  • Inclusive calls? Weekend
  • New line installation: Free

New BT broadband customers can apply via this BT link* until 23.59 on Thu 24 Augto get get a one-year contract for line rent and up-to-52Mb speed unlimited broadband (up to 3x faster than standard).

It's available to 83% of the UK. It depends on your postcode – you're told when applying (or use our new Broadband Unbundled which only shows deals available in your postcode).

1. Choose to pay line rent upfront if you can afford to. It's cheapest to pay £208.80 upfront for the 12mths (you must opt for this at sign-up) or it's the usual £18.99/mth. Either way, you get inclusive weekend landline calls, see BT call costs.
  2. Discounted fibre, £9/mth for the year. A huge discount on the standard £31/mth.
  3. £9.99 set-up, usually £59.99. Again, a big discount on standard costs.
  4. Get £150 on a prepaid Mastercard that you MUST claim. Annoyingly, as BT won't remind you, diarise to use this Mastercard claim link within three months of activation (takes up to 45 days after). 

- Cost analysis: It's cheaper than lots of standard speed deals, even though you get MUCH faster fibre. You pay £326.79 over the year before calls, if you pay line rent upfront. But claim and use the Mastercard (which is as good as cash in most places) and it's a net cost of £176.79, equiv to £14.74/mth.  If you pay line rental monthly, it's equiv £16.33/mth.

- Anything else? You get 100GB of free online storage, and you can opt in to BT Sport free for three months, £7/mth after on a 12 month contract. Also, cashback site users may see bigger cashback elsewhere, but sometimes on different deals.

-Could BT hike prices? Sadly it can, but you may be able to leave penalty-free if that happens.