cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with PlusNet

Bristolgrumpy

Communicating with PlusNet

Communicating with PlusNet on sensible matters is very very difficult. I want to stop them sending personalised stuff that is at best irrelevant and at worst upsetting. Today I received yet another unwanted email about Mother's Day. I cannot find any way to simply turn this stuff off. And, of course, PlusNet does not accept emails from us customers. If, PlusNet, you manage to profile your customers' preferences, stick to them. If you have not profiled us, then get on with doing what you do very well (broadband, etc, services), and let us get on with our lives. And start accepting emails from customers. And if anyone who reads this post knows how to get simple messages through to the bosses at PlusNet without having to go through a clumsy process, please encourage them to tell all of us users how to use that method.

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Communicating with PlusNet

You can change your contact preferences here. (Log in required) 

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There really ought to be a link to that page in the footer of every email (except billing notifications and relating to questions/tickets).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@jelv that's a bit too sensible .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @Bristolgrumpy I am sorry to hear you aren't interested in getting marketing emails from us. As already mentioned you can change your marketing preferences by following the link above.

You'll be able to choose how you would like to hear from us, whether it be by post, email, text message or phone.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

So why does 0114 307 3836 call me claiming to be calling on behalf of PN when my preferences are, and always have been, set to email only?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Contacting you by phone when you have told them you do not want to be contacted by that method? This is the link you need: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/marketing/spam-texts-and-nuisance-calls/

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Jonpe wrote:

So why does 0114 307 3836 call me claiming to be calling on behalf of PN when my preferences are, and always have been, set to email only?

I am sorry to hear of this. I have now notified our Marketing team of your preferences.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Anoush  sorry but i have to ask , 

how come the marketing team cant see his preferences ??  already

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .