Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commenting on library items

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Commenting on library items

Just been reading Chris P's new guides to fault finding and sought to comment on one.
The comment box said "You are logged in as Townman"
First attempt was rejected because "You must be logged on"
A later attempt was successful, but an advice notice stated that "comments from non logged on persons must be inspected before being published" even though the comment was marked as being from "Townman".
I think something is a little broke!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Commenting on library items

Yes, the Library has a few issues, in particular with keeping you logged on. It's on the workstack to get fixed, but other things take priority at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Chris,
Thank you for the prompt reply.  I'm sure that there are things of a much higher priority.  Is there a list somewhere of such know issues that users can consult before providing feedback, thereby lessen the distractions to very busy people?  If not, would putting one together be beneficial to avoid reporting (again) what is already known about?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think the second 'comments from non logged on persons …' message is actually a wording error in the WordPress software. It should say 'the first comment from users is subject to inspection …'. Now that you have had a comment approved you should find subsequent comments go straight through.
David