Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming back to PlusNet at last!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Coming back to PlusNet at last!

Adam's looking at this shortly. The upload we'll uncap (your order was placed a couple of days before the fix to uncap all automated orders) and we can look at the speed more once the 10 days has passed. We'll get a router out too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there!
I've just checked and the order hasn't completed yet so I'll be taking another look this afternoon. I've updated the ticket regarding the other points you've raised in the meantime.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks guys, all working fine, no rush on the uncap.  Cool
HPsauce
Pro

I've now had confirmation from the Be end, firstly a text saying my service had ceased (it had) then the infamous "scary email"  Crazy
Looks like something's gone wrong! BT have told us that your phone line has ceased.
Forewarned is forearmed, so I know this is spurious. Other people migrating here from Be may not.  Cry
HPsauce
Pro

Quote from: Chris
The upload we'll uncap
Very strange; this morning my upload had increased, but only to 888kbps, surely it should be around 1.3mbps on ADSL2+  Undecided
I note that the upstream SNRM is very high at 13.4dB (downstream is 6.4dB) which is more suggestive of "capping" than DLM.  Roll_eyes
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Sounds like it's interleaved on the upstream?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HPsauce
Pro

Yes it is, but only depth 8. Why would that have such a huge effect? Is this all to do with DLM, so best left alone for a while?
(downstream is depth 96, same as I used to have with Be, though there upstream wasn't ever interleaved)
HPsauce
Pro

Good news and bad news.  Crazy
Good: My PlusNet router arrived, so I've set it up and am using it now. I hope the disconnections won't upset DLM. Fingers crossed.  Lips_are_sealed
Bad: The inevitable "you haven't paid" emails have arrived! Another PN DD disaster in the making?  Cry
Unfortunately, we've not received the regular Direct Debit payment for your Plusnet account. This was due on 28/01/2014.

Obviously PN have all the correct details and I've even added a credit card as backup.  Crazy Guess I'd better raise a ticket.....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just re-enabled the account and dropped a reply on ticket 80065936 for you.
Re the upstream that is interleaving so let me know if you want me to try turning that off.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro

OK, thanks Adam, is that going to retry the DD?
As for upstream interleaving, yes please turn that off if it won't upset the DLM process. If in doubt I'm happy to wait.
I know from experience that my line "normally" works OK without downstream interleaving but I have had occasions in the past where there's been interference so please leave that on.
FYI at BeThere it was possible to have an intermediate level of interleaving on request (can't remember what level or what it was called) which worked extremely well on my line.
It gave almost all the performance of Fastpath but was able to cope with the odd "glitch" without giving up. But with no DLM you could leave it there all the time.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, thanks Adam, is that going to retry the DD?

I've added something about that to the ticket for you
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something, it's not clear from the ticket if I need to do anything about billing or is it still with PN?
(The system is telling me when I go there that I should pay ASAP)
Do I need to log on to the Member Centre and explicitly pay the overdue bill? If so, will that give the option of using DD (and hopefully kick that back into life) or can that only be by card?
Edit: OK got your email and understand now. I'll reply via the same route as there are other details to resolve. PM now sent.  Wink
HPsauce
Pro

Another odd thing I've noticed today, since installing the PlusNet router.
I've been asked, at least 3 or 4 times so far, by my Windows 7 PC to "log in" to the router.
I then get a PlusNet-style message giving a link to wherever I'm going (a couple of times I think it was just my home page in IE), click on it and carry on.
What on earth is all that about?  Crazy
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

It's the intercepts when we see your router has disconnected:

Do they match?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
HPsauce
Pro

OK, thanks Kelly, that's plausible, something new I wasn't aware of.
My old router was a bit flaky (maybe that's why it disconnected just before 3am?) and the PN one didn't arrive until today. That's probably it being connected just after 11am today.
Since then, in setting it up I've been moving it around, changing some settings and did accidentally switch it off at least once, so that's plausible.
I still need to mount it securely in a convenient position as the lead from the PSU is a bit shorter than the old one, but hopefully won't be changing anything for a while.
I've been trying to avoid disconnections if at all possible in order to not upset DLM.  Wink