Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold Call from Plusnet Genuine???

FIXED
janeriley
Hooked

Cold Call from Plusnet Genuine???

Just now i got a cold call on my landline...asking if i was happy...it took me 5 mins to understand that much,because of her terrible (sounded chinese) accent. I had to tell her that there was no point talking anymore cos i really couldnt understand her accent,i said this politely and also pointed out that i switched to plusnet because im hard of hearing and plusnet have callers who speak clearly!!! She slammed the phone down on me!!! I was shocked...are plusnet employing arrogant foriegn speakers...or was this a phone scam????

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) All caps removed as per Forum rules

13 REPLIES 13
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: COLD CALL FROM PLUSNET GENUINE???

Do you have the number that the call came from?

janeriley
Hooked

yes...the number is 01143073836

janeriley
Hooked

yes.....the number is01143073836

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Fix

Judging from this link, this looks like it was a genuine call from plusnet?

http://who-called.co.uk/Number/01143073836

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I had a cold call from that number in September last year and it was Plusnet asking if I was happy with the service.

I ended up signing a new 2 year contract!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there,

I've looked into your account and it appears to be from our outbound sales team. We call our customers from time to time to make sure they're happy with their service.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. I've arranged for this to be investigated and feed back passed to the agent.

All our team are UK based and we try to ensure we provide the best possible customer service.

Once again, apologies this wasn't the case for you on this occasion, this will be dealt with internally.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anon
Pro

How can we ensure that we are not spammed by these unwanted calls?

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

If you go here you should be able to opt out of marketing calls.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anon
Pro

Signed out. Took weeks to get y our company to admit it was you cold calling. Asking for peoples' security information is really out of order on cold calls. You really do not have any concern for customers at all, not a single jot.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
janeriley
Hooked

You were bang on!! Had to call back because of internet probs...ended up shackled to a 2 year contract because i needed a new router!! Routers cost £45 inc postage...but on contract it comes free...ish!!! Still...im fairly happy!!!

janeriley
Hooked

Thank You for your prompt apologies.....its a pain when you are profoundly deaf and get by mostly by lipreading,but for some reason i'm lucky enough to understand clear uk accents on the phone...which is why i find plusnet so helpful,so it was a shock to be called by someone with foreign accent...and to have the phone slammed down me,maybe the caller felt defensive...has issues to do with race...god knows,hope she understands it was purely based on my hearing disability...nothing else!!

janeriley
Hooked

Thank You for that...fixed now! No more confusing calls!

janeriley
Hooked

Thanks to you...we were shown the opt out option for cold calls....yippee!!!