cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing provider query..

sassy62
Grafter

Changing provider query..

Is there a e mail address to discuss changing to another provider on here..or is it better to speak to someone over the phone
Cheers...
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changing provider query..

Over the phone is the only way to get a MAC
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: The
Is there a e mail address to discuss changing to another provider on here..or is it better to speak to someone over the phone
Cheers...

There should be an email alternative/or something to activate on your account page in this day and age.
However they want you to phone them (retention team) so they can find out why you want to go and then try and persuade you to stay by offering you the deal of a lifetime, if you stay I imagine the service will remain the same as that before you asked for the MAC.
You can use snail mail and write to them to request a MAC.
Requesting a  MAC  FAQ
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You'd need to speak to our Customer Options Team in order to get a MAC, on 0845 1406002.
However, if there's anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to let me know.
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks all for the replies...it may be time to move on..I have enjoyed a trouble free time with pplusnet...but the 15gig deal I am onis a little too restrictive now the daughter has discovered the net...I dont actually need 80GB and it costs more...in a time when many providers are doing unlimited for 15 quid...
Just moved up to pro but I am still not convinced...
Decisions decisions!! lol
Mand
Grafter

Is the new Extra product any good for you? 60GB peak time usage, free overnight usage, £11.49 for 3 months and then £17.99 after that.
sassy62
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Is the new Extra product any good for you? 60GB peak time usage, free overnight usage, £11.49 for 3 months and then £17.99 after that.

Hi Mand...
Thanks for the reply...I did actually consider the 60gb option, even though I dont need anywhere near that..but I didnt really want to pay anymore than I am now considering that many other providers offer unlimited usage or more GB in general for the same money..
However...after speaking to one of your staff I have opted for a pro account which is 16.49 instead as it gives me 20gb..which should be ample even though I doubt if I will notice the more stable speeds as we only get 2-2.5 in this area anyway.
Happy ending really...I have got a few more GB and plusnet have retained another customer...but plusnet may want to start looking at being a little more competive with its rivals in the near future..or they may begin to lose customer on a bigger scale.
All the best........
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear you got sorted with a more suitable product. Smiley
We do spend a lot of time looking at how competitive our products are, and trying to ensure we've got the best mix. We've done the unlimited thing before (fairly recently in fact) and found that it's not the best way for us to go.
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks Mand...
One thing...we got a free router with the package..do you know if we need to use it in conjunction with the pro account..or doesnt it matter?..
The lady on the phone said it wouldnt matter...but I thought I would check first..
Ta...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Any router should be fine, you can keep the older one or use the new one - it's your call. Both will work Smiley
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks Matt...everything is working fine...I wouldnt say the speed is any better or even more stable..but Im not going to get more than 2.5 here anyway..the most important thing is that I have 5 more GB to soak up my daughters facebook 'habit' for a few pence more a week.