cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Migration To PN But Plusnet Still Moved Me O_O

markrach
Grafter

Cancelled Migration To PN But Plusnet Still Moved Me O_O

Right not a happy chappie PN staff someone needs to have this resolved ASAP .
I had a second line i was bringing to Plusnet from BE* but under looking at my BE* account i was still in contract and thought it best to stay where i was so i called Plusnet cancelations and they told me they had cancelled it (user name would have been markeagles) , i have come home from work only to find PN have stolen my line and have also send me a loverly email saying i have no internet because the first pament could not be taken . And to make thinks worse i was moving this line from BE to o2 (01/06/2009) and being that it is now with plusnet i am subject to the rest or my remaining contract with them  Angry (moving from BE to o2 = no 3 months cancellation / notice fee and no penaltys this i now have to pay because PN failed to remove the what i think BTw order and i'm stuck on PN hardware with no internet on this line.
I called CS and all they gave me was a MAC  Sad . jeez i'm miffed PN .
Someone needs BT to move my line back to BE before monday so o2 can take the line . I am in no way going through the hasstle of doing this myself , this is your cock up plusnet so you need to resolve it .
My contact numbers are on this account profile and i expect a call soon.
Mark
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Cancelled Migration To PN But Plusnet Still Moved Me O_O

Is there a ticket on the account showing that you cancelled?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
markrach
Grafter

I have an email stating order cancelled and the account was deleted mailbox etc , i have no way of accessing the account to see ant tickets, if there is any.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Unfortunate that it's a Friday evening & no PN staff on the forum.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

time to get on the phone and raise hell
jelv
Seasoned Hero

When was the email dated?
markrach
Grafter

Friday The 22nd May
Dear Mark Eagles,
You've successfully deleted your alias.
Account username: markeagles
Alias name: postmaster

And
Dear Mark Eagles,
You've successfully deleted your mailbox.
Account username: markeagles
Mailbox name: meagles

These were the emails i got from plusnet. After these i was unable to log into the account via members center . This i presumed was a completed removal off the account and migration request.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Mailbox (and mailbox) management are totally independent of account management - those emails do not indicate that the account was closed as there is no limit to the number of other mailboxes and aliases you could have had at the same time.
markrach
Grafter

I called the cancelation line simple as , account is closed i am unable to login to the members centre after the call finished to PN CS , these were the only 2 emails i recieved therfore who ever took the call never completed the correct process of cancelation , hence why the migration went ahead , and i'm not paying PN a penny to have the account activated , PN have royaly messed this up and their cancelation agent i spoke to needs to have a refresh on what buttons to push.
If they check their phone logs it was around 10.20 am on the 22/05/2009 i called , i can also pull the logs from my works server on exact time too if they need it.
I have no BB on this line now and its all down to PN. And i'm having to pay for a BE* account i do not have now . Unacceptable .
Mark
Not applicable

I too am in the process of changing one of my suppliers but I telephoned the current one first to check out if I could move without penalty and to determine the correct procedure.
Although I agree that the current situation is very annoying, it might have been expedient to check the terms and conditions of your present contract before applying for another service. This would have saved a lot of trouble in the long run.
I've done the same thing myself in the past so am not standing in judgment, just making a a suggestion for the future.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Firstly I'd like to apologise for the issues you've had here.
The account was cancelled on the 22nd, but for some reason the order wasn't (I'll be picking this up with the agent concerned on Monday).
We cannot arrange with BT for your line to be moved either back to Be or to O2, this is simply not possible unfortunately. The quickest way is going to be to use the MAC, either to move back to Be or to 02. A migration can usually be completed in one or two working days if the order is placed to do so.