cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you clarify please?

les37b
Grafter

Can you clarify please?

Guys..... I just had an email this morning telling me that my phone has now migrated over. I just checked in my account and its still showing as "being processed".
Can you confirm this and also when the bills will be amended to show the correct start dates. (I dont want to pay from 26th December to 7th February!!) Also, that its active including the call package. (Please detail this)
But whilst checking, I was alarmed when I looked in my account to charges I have no knowledge of and pretty concerned at them especially if valid as you've certainly not been upfront abou it!
It says you are billing me:
For Fibre:  £103.50(upon cancellation)
Cessation charge  £25
Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router  £40

I am not aware of any of these charges.

Also..... can you confirm my "cash back" details and when it is due to be paid.....  Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Can you clarify please?

Hi there,
Guys..... I just had an email this morning telling me that my phone has now migrated over. I just checked in my account and its still showing as "being processed".

I've checked that from here and can't see any issues so I'd imagine the status should update soon.
Can you confirm this and also when the bills will be amended to show the correct start dates. (I dont want to pay from 26th December to 7th February!!) Also, that its active including the call package. (Please detail this)

That should happen via an adjustment to the following invoice date.

For Fibre:  £103.50(upon cancellation)
Cessation charge  £25
Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router  £40

To clarify those would only be chargeable if you were to cancel, for example the fibre fee relates to the amount of subscription payments remaining on your contract.
Also..... can you confirm my "cash back" details and when it is due to be paid.

I'm guessing that was via Top Cashback? if so have a look here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111098.32.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
les37b
Grafter

OK thanks Adam.
So as long as I complete my 18 month contract, there will be no charges and those charges shown are only applicable if were to default in some way?
It was a bit alarming coming across what appeared to be hidden and unknown charges! Obviously all things come to an end at some point (I might get a better ISP offer - or move), but I certainly wouldnt be happy if I got hit with leaaving charges after my contract period was up.
On cashback... mine had initially tracked.... My only reason for asking the question was concerns over my account being changed (due to your system ordering glitch) and wriggling out for that reason! (Being blunt, Ive been a victim of 2 mobile phone companies with this issue, so now very wary!)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guv,
Understand what you're saying, I'll break those fees down for you.
* The Fibre fee is indeed charged if you leave within the contract, but it'll reduce every month until it disappears once the subscription fee for the final month has been paid.
* The cessation charge is billed if the service is ceased rather than migrated away to another provider.
* The router fee stays on the account for 12 months and is only charged if you leave within that time, after 12 months it isn't payable.
Hope that helps explain and also sets your mind at rest.
les37b
Grafter

It does indeed. Many thanks
les37b
Grafter

Matt
Can you look into my billing situation again as nothing appears to have changed. I'm still shown as having a billing date of 9th of the month.
My ADSL was connected on the 23rd Jan and phone on the 6th Feb which has paid in advance and money taken on the 26th December. I know Ive been told previously that it will be done as an adjustment, but I can nothing on the charges you show on for the next billing date.
Looking again, it seems you have billed my £17.99 for 2 days, then charged a further £17.99 from today (9th Feb until 9th March)
Is this Plus.nets idea of "adjustments"? I've paid you in advance for one year. There should be no £13.99 line rental charges - let alone for the 2 days!
Please explain.
Also. I noticed its got something shown about a £75 credit which appears to be relating to calls. I've subscribed to the talk anytime (even though I rarely use the phone) purely because its not a lot of dosh to include 0870 numbers usage. Can you clarify what thats about? It goes on to say "you will be charged another £5.76 if you go over the limit"? What limits? I pretty much use my mobile phone for all my calls, so not something I'm too bothered about, but if this is sold with strings, it should be made clear. It certainly isn't.
Lastly, when I signed up, I ticked the box for Caller ID. This doesn't appear to be working. Can you look into this please and ensure its working. Its an option I would like - and I do apprecciate its a with a charge of 99p. Please confirm that this will not be considered as a change to my contract that will affect the cashback with this order. (The last part is important - and excuse for being a skeptic!!!)
Thanks
les37b
Grafter

Is there any chance of a responce to the post above please?
Ive noticed there has been a change to what was previously shown, but its still wrong.
You are charging me £19.99 for Fibre - but its meant to be half price!!!!! It also doesnt include the referral I have. It doesnt include Caller ID which isnt working either. It also doesnt adjust the phone and BB dates correctly. I know from experience if you dont nip this in the bud straight away, its all forgotten at renewal time. Youve billed me for phone use since 9 Jan. I wasnt a customer until 6 Feb.
I have tried calling, but you have a 20 minute estimated call wait time. From experience I know that will be considerably more.
For a communications company, I have to say your communications have been dire since the day I first applied to be a customer on the 26 December.
les37b
Grafter

I must be invisible!!!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about the delay in getting back to you, I'll do my best to address your concerns and help you out.
You are charging me £19.99 for Fibre - but its meant to be half price!!!!! I

Looking at the account in detail I can't unfortunately see why you were charged £19.99 on the first bill on 26/12/12 however I can see that 5 discounts of £9.99 were added on the same day and a subsequent sixth on 8/2/13. So again, sorry for any confusion but that should have that covered at least.
With regards to the £75 credit limit that is in place for calls that aren't included by anytime and to help customers avoid unexpectedly high bills.
Re Caller ID I've checked and can't see that's been requested or added in any way, however I've done that now for you and it should be active within a few hours.
. I'm still shown as having a billing date of 9th of the month.

Sorry for any confusion but we no longer change billing dates, which means a pro-rata payment is usually taken on the second bill to account for any discrepencies.
I'm sorry for the wait too when you've tried to call by the way and I hope this clarifies those points for you.
I'm refunding the first month of fibre subscription (at the original price of course) to show there's no hard feelings.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
les37b
Grafter

OK thankyou Adam..... just venting a bit of frustration!  Grin
When will this all be reflected on the bills? (i know I asked previously - and was told start dates etc would all be resolved when the bill was made, which as you can see it wasn't.
Also - I note what you say re Caller ID. I know I did put it through, but accept (as I kept getting no confirmed Line speed shown) in the final stage, I may have missed it at the actual final click to confirm. I would however appreciate if you can confirm this change will not result in cashback being declined by you because Ive "changed my order"? Sorry to keep harking on about the cashback part, but it is important. have you any details of when this is due to be paid?
Many thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The reduction in subscription will be shown on the next bill and separate to that the refund I've done should reach your account with in about 10 days.
No worries re cashback, the addition of caller display doesn't affect your contract in anyway so don't worry about that affecting any cashback deals you've opted for. Re receiving that who was it through and did you have a look here?  http://community.plus.net....php/topic,111098.32.html
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
les37b
Grafter

Not following the question.... and the hyperlink doesnt make sense.
If its to do with the missing referral - the username (which shows up in my account) is Pepsidave. It just hasnt found its way onto the  bill!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I can confirm that that username is know attached to your account and you'll see this on your next bill.