cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my life.

seanbranagh
Grafter

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my life.

I was a happy Plus Net customer many years ago when they were a smaller company (hence the reason I am still a member on this forum).
I left when the quality of my connection and the general service started to go down hill.
Recently I decided to rejoin simply to have a second low cost backup link to my primary line with AAISP.
I knew based on previous experience that I should not expect first class service either from the actual connection or from PN customer support but what I got was even worse than I could possibly have imagined.
There was a delay with my order through BT which in itself is not an issue but Plus Net could not provide me with any information on the issue without me spending huge lengths of time on hold.
Finally, I received an email confirming my appointment date for the 18th which was well outside the 3 preferred days I had picked for install.
Again, this did not bother me that much so I went ahead and arranged for the 18th of work for the install.
About 20 minutes later I received another email with conflicting information stating that there was a delay with my order so I immediately attempted to contact PN by phone for clarification as I needed to know if I needed the 18th of work or not.
After being on hold for 20 minutes, I decided that if I was still on hold for a further 3 minutes then I would simply cancel the service. The call was answered in the 24th minute at which point I said that I wished for the order to be canceled entirely due to the length of time I had been on hold.
I was immediately placed on hold again. At the 36 minute mark I was forced to hang up.
Honestly, is PN customer service currently playing some sort of practical joke?? I did not find it very funny.
I attempted to cancel the order via the open ticket however this went for over 23 hours without any response.
Eventually, after a relatively short 11 minutes on hold today I spoke to Luke who informed me that essentially it was my own fault that my ticket had not been answered because I had added further comments to it. Of course this could not possibly be any fault of Plus Net.
As for the 36 minutes on hold yesterday, Luke was unwilling to comment and most definitely not willing to offer any form of apology on behalf of Plus Net.
Plus Net used to be fantastic, back in the early 2000's when I was first a customer but now I am totally and absolutely shocked and in disbelief at the experience I have just had with them.
My current ISP is Andrews & Arnold and Plus Net could most definitely take example from the absolutely excellent customer service they offer in comparison.
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my life.

Hi there,
From reading your post it seems that has been several points of dissatisfaction/failure for you. I can't really say to much with the wait times because that is just recently how busy we have been with the volume of calls coming into our support teams, we are doing all we can to have minimum wait times and the same goes for a response to a ticket.
You should certainly have been offered an apology for the wait and I'll look into why that was not the case.
Have you managed to get this resolved? I'd be more than happy to help in any way I can.
Chris
seanbranagh
Grafter

Re: Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with any company in my life.

Hi Chris, I have managed to resolve the issue by finally being able to cancel the order.
However, I have been told by Luke that I will have to wait up to 5 days for my money to be refunded. This in itself is totally ridiculous for two reasons.
1) According to Plus Net's own procedures I should never have been charged in the first place since my order did not get to the stage where first payment is taken, according to your own ordering process as shown in your order tracker.
2) Plus Net were able to charge my account instantly upon placing the order (against their own process), so why can they not refund me instantly?Huh
Yes Chris, as you have pointed out there were quite a few points where Plus Net severely fell down while processing an order for a new customer, an area where surely service should be at it's best?
1) Being charged instantly when the order is placed, contrary to the information provided on Plus Net's own order tracker system.
2) No notification provided on the delayed status of the order until I actually went seeking the information.
3) Totally conflicting information sent out via email and text message over a very short period.
4) Totally ridiculous periods on hold (up to 36 minutes) while attempting to get accurate information on the status of the order. 
5) Over 23 hours with absolutely no response to a ticket.
This is not service, it is a shambles, a total joke and the only way in which anyone at Plus Net can help at this stage is to have my money refunded to me immediately, without delay and have all my details, my address, bank account number etc. totally removed from Plus Net's systems.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
The refund has been processed and unfortunately I can't push it through any faster than the system can process it,  the payment you made is charged immediately but can take 3-5 working days to appear in our bank account, by card.  Therefore, when we process a refund it takes the same amount of time to be returned. We cannot speed it up as it is the banks which determine this processing time.
When you sign-up for our services you pay on sign-up for any installation fee's, P&P and and upfront monthly payment for your services. So you would be a month in advance for your services and whenever you pay your in the future.
I'll take onboard the journey you've had with us and suggestions you have mentioned and feedback to the relevant teams. It's not something that we have pleasure in when seeing something like this and we need to make sure things like this do not happen and we're doing our utmost to try and achieve this.
Chris
seanbranagh
Grafter

So you are admitting that Plus Net are listing totally false information in their order tracker system?
Please feel free to check this yourself but as I have already said, your tracker system states that first payment is taken well after sign-up.
I don't have access to the tracker now but first payment is listed somewhere near the end of the process and most definitely not immediately upon sign-up.
As for improving on the journey I had, the steps required a very simple;
If you do not have enough staff to answer calls within 36 minutes the employ more.
If you do not have enough staff to respond to tickets within 23 hours then employ more.
Surely a company as big as Plus Net should not need lessons on the basics of good customer service.