Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't signup :/

whelpton
Grafter

Can't signup :/

Hey guys,
Everytime I try to select a package to check out line speeds etc... I get:
It looks like something has gone wrong - please try again. If you keep having problems get in touch
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Can't signup :/

Are you trying to sign up as a new customer when there is already a Plusnet service on the line or use the Product Change option?
David
whelpton
Grafter

Tried doing both using my old staff account as the basis, I get directed to the help assistant when logged in and error 500'd when I'm not...
whelpton
Grafter

Right, apparently the signup wizard doesn't like the Aurora browser for some reason...
I've now hit a snag in, the signup wizard wants to charge me £50 installation no matter what option I select - Apparently:
Want free activation?
Take fibre broadband, and add one of our phone packages to get free fibre broadband activation.

Your order All prices include VAT
Today's payment
Unlimited Fibre Broadband (First month)£19.99
Promotional discount (for 6 months)- £10.00
Router P&P £5.99
Line rental (First month) £13.99
Installation charge £49.99
Talk Evenings & Weekends (First month)IncludedVoicemail (1571) (First month)Included
Today's total£79.96
Monthly payment
Unlimited Fibre Broadband£19.99
Promotional discount (for 6 months)- £10.00
Line rental£13.99
Monthly total£23.98

Can someone clarify if the setup is still free with phone product or if it can be deferred at all these days?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Fibre Broadband FAQ says set up is free if the phone service is added (link).
David
whelpton
Grafter

Yeah that's the documentation that I was going off as well as the information on the order page, yet selecting evenings and weekends as a phone tariff still presents me with a £50 openreach setup fee!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keith, I'm pretty sure that £49.99 charge is for the phone line installation. If you take fibre broadband with calls then you don't pay for the *fibre* install but if an engineer needs to attend to install a new phone line, that would be chargeable.
whelpton
Grafter

Thanks Rob, I do have an smpf phone line already, would a new one need to be installed by openreach or is wlr not identifying my line properly?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again Keith. Sorry for the delay in replying. Have you got it sorted yet? If not, drop me a PM with the phone number and a contact number for you and I'll take a look.
Rob