cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get any information on why my order is still incomplete after a month

bventure

Can't get any information on why my order is still incomplete after a month

I'm resorting to this as a way of trying to find out what is going on. A month after I put in an order for phone & broadband, at a property already having a BT line, I still have no broadband. The phone took almost 3 weeks with constant cancelling and reordering by PN (I have no idea why). All I ever get from the helpdesk is meaningless platitudes. No-one seems to know what is going on, or if they do they aren't telling me!
My broadband was supposed to be available on 21st July according to a text message I received. I discovered by looking at my order that this had changed to 22nd (no-one bothered to tell me this), and then on 22nd I had a text saying there was 'a problem'. Another phone call, another stonewall. No surprise there. Still no indication of what the problem is or when my connection will be available. This is just not good enough. I need this connection and I'm getting very very frustrated with the lack of  feedback.
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?
11 REPLIES 11
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Can't get any information on why my order is still incomplete after a month

Welcome to the Forum
Unfortunately the PN staff only regularly habit the forum Mon to Friday, they sometimes pop up at the week end, so you might have to wait til monday, but they are good and get rapid answers
bventure

Thanks for the information. I'll be very interested to see a response from someone at Plusnet when they turn up. After the last problem (on Thursday) I have today had this added to my open questions :-
"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved."
This is, I think, the third time I have been here. This is like playing snakes and ladders with no ladders! Four weeks today and no closer to getting broadband.
On top of that I am told they can't find out what the problem is because 'the reporting systems are down' - since Thursday? And no-one can pick up a phone? This is driving me crazy. Does anyone know how I can make an official complaint?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Its not a PN problem, its BT, see here http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1279890368.htm, there are a lot like that in the last week or so
bventure

Well, no, not really. The BT note says "From 10pm Saturday night to 10:30am Sunday morning".
The reply I had from PN saying reporting systens were down was Saturday morning, not to mention that the (latest) failure to activate broadband happened last Thursday - plenty of time to look at it you would have thought.
Latest development is someone has got back to me saying they're sorry I'm having problems with my phone, please try these diagnostics! The phone is working fine (took ages, but that's water under the bridge now), it's broadband that they can't be activated, according to PN's mesages to me. Why do tthey suddenly think there's a problem with the phone? I don't understand.
David_W
Rising Star

I know it's not much consolation but the guys from PN will pop in tomorrow (or hopefully tonight) and be able to have a look at your ticket, when things like this happen they are very quick on the ball and will tell you *exactly* what is causing the problem and do their utmost to fix it (as well as kicking some rear if needs be)
bventure

Thanks for the encouragement, David. I have usually had good experiences with PN in the past, which is one reason I am so disappointed this time.
I understand that problems can arise and need resolving, and it isn't always plain sailing. I'd just like to talk to someone who would explain to me what the problems are and what is being done to resolve them.
This is what used to happen with PN, but it doesn't seem to be the case any more unfortunately. There seems to be no continuity, no-one owns the problem, it just restarts over and over again with different people with no understanding of what has already transpired.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let me take a look for you...
Edit: There was a delay of around 10 days as your telephone number was not showing up as a stopped line. Normally we would have had to charge £49.99 and have a 14 day delay but managed to get it pushed through for free, with a shorter lead time. We placed your broadband order as soon as the telephone order completed, but our suppliers cancelled this. Their notes aren't clear as to why so I have asked one of my colleagues in the Provisioning Team to take ownership of this issue, you can expect a call from them shortly.
bventure

Hi Ben,thanks for intervening. If the phone was put on due to efforts above and beyond the call of duty I am very grateful. I can, however, assure you that it was a mighty uphill struggle to convince anyone that there was a BT line here and an engineer was not required. As with the whole of this saga,the issue has really been the lack of meaningful information rather than the actions of any individual. I have explained above that I am sympathetic to the uneexpected problems atht inevitably occur from time to time.  \i always felt I was talking to the wrong person, someone who didn't understand what I was saying and didn't understand the bproblems at your end either.
Still no broadband, and I haven't heard from ayone today, but my wife has spoken to help desk. First amusement was we were told there was an incompatible product on the phone service and I needed to conatct BT. Well, as you (PN) are the phone service supplier this wqas a bit of a non-starter!
Hey hom on we go.
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier,but it's a bit awkward as I don't have any broadband & can't access plusnet at work.I am using a mobile broadband service with a very very poor signal. So any updates for me,please phone or text.
Regards
Martin Davies
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry for the delays on this one, I'm really not happy with the support that you've received from us. Charlotte in the Provisioning Team is taking ownership of this one and will be contacting you in due course to let you know how we are able to proceed, but we first need to remove the tag from the line then push for an expedited order. The best case scenario is 72 hours, worst case is 10 days. I think we'll be closer to the best case scenario timeframe though, assuming nothing else goes wrong here.
bventure

Well Ben, sorry to report that we are now beyond your max 10 days (way way beyond your hoped-for 72 hours!) and I still don't have any broadband (which is why it's taken me a long time to respond). I have heard from Charlotte, and her successor now that she has gone on holiday, and in theory broadband should be appearing tomorrow, 9th August. I'm not holding my breath, been here before!
Charlotte was very helpful, and eventually (after 2 days trying to get a response from BT - I would have thought as part of BT you would have decent communications with them, but apparently not!) discovered that the 'tag on the line' was another broadband order in place. Well, I certainly didn't put it there, and I couldn't glean any more details, but the only people I know who had been ordering broadband (and cancelling, and reordering...) begin witha 'P' and end with a 'lusnet'. I'd be interested to know more about this rogue order.
Apparently you had to wait 48 hours for this to clear (i.e. a week from when the problem came to light), and then re-order - again! Conequence is I then had a message saying broadband would be in on 9th August. It seems I have to go to back to the end of the queue whenever a problem occurs. It seems like the expedited order never got expedited, what a surprise. So, while I'm grateful for the efforts of individuals to get this sorted, I have to say that my overall experience has been overwhelmingly negative, the main problem being frustration borne of not being able to get any meaningful information and feeling that I was not being listened to. Thank goodness for the forum, I'd still be flailing around in the fog otherwise - but it shouldn't really be necessary. Your customer service needs a radical rethink and much better communication between teams and with BT.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bventure,
I can see that your account has gone active today so the order has completed this morning. Sorry for the delay, but I hope that helps and please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.