cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't even close my account! Sad!

Anon
Pro

Re: Can't even close my account! Sad!

If this story was in a film you would not believe it. Only Pnet could manage to put someone through what you have put this person through. You first say that cancellations can only be made in writing or by phone, but then start adding that one has to speak to the right department and they are only open certain hours.

I think the op would have a good case to say in court that he was willing to give you notice but a Pnet representative was not willing to hear it .

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I believe the correct department are open 12 hours a day Monday to Friday, and slightly shorter over the weekend.

A request to cancel an account cannot be actioned without first passing data protection.

Apologies to the original poster if they find this inconvenient.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anon
Pro

Then you are saying that what is said here is not telling us the truth?

The first time he told me he won't close my account because I said I'm moving, and said I have to call up another time to talk to the moving department. Despite the fact that I already moved and simply want to close my account. Refusal #1.

The second time the guy refused because of security details which the first guy was content with.

The third guy refused because the department for account closing was closed.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

i wouldn't be surprised if the OP was massaging the facts a little for affect.
if it's his/her account then they should be able to pass the security questions.
angrychairr
Hooked

Yeah I love wasting my time talking to call centre staff...
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

this thread seems to have run its course and is heading nowhere. The OP needs to liaises directly win PN and there are several unhelpful posts.

locked.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'