Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not transfer JLB TO PN? - Shocking Service

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Can not transfer JLB TO PN? - Shocking Service

Customer currently with JLB and phone( fully managed by PN) signed up to PN (last Tuesday) , i have been told this morning because the first name is different to the on the JLB account , they may not be able to move it over to the (new) PN account.
This sounds crazy , because one word (first name) is different on the new account, been told they may have to close the new PN account and sign up for another new one if the want  it to remain as is. The customer did sign up for a new PN account.
As you can imagine i am not very impressed , nor is the customer. i bet if i had signed them up with another ISP the issue would not be happening.
I am waiting a call back, but would appreciate if a member of the PN can take a look at this? . #114786658
Obviously the customer has been sent the welcome letter , telling them it is all go through fine.
update 1: now been told if they ring COT a change the first name to the same as theJ LB account , will go through fine, will wait and see
update 2: After making a conference call to COT with the customer ( 20 min wait) i am told its fine as it was , as its not a brand migration as JLB is a different company ( which is what i said to provisioning at the start ) , and the order should go through fine . i am now awaiting another call back.
Honestly this level of dis service is a joke !!, your departments don't even know how to handle sign ups correctly  
update 3: Had a call from the COT member ( very knowledgeable) , confirmed the account is fine as is (it is not a brand migration) , he confirmed phone and broadband will move over in 10 working days from today.
So all this hassle ( 6 phone calls and a few hours on the phone!) all  because some of your staff are not trained correctly. sort it out !!!!
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

24 REPLIES 24
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Can not transfer JLB TO PN? - Shocking Service

I have spent quite a few hours on the phone, sorting this mess out, after staff giving me the complete run a round and incorrect information,
This should have been a simple move ( as you are fully in control of both accounts) from JLB to PN, given what was put on a ticket below i expected it to all go through fine
#114989897 Further to our conversation, i have arranged the current service to be taken over via a working line takeover.
The transfer from John Lewis broadband to Plus-net will take 10 working days.

How wrong i was, late last night i get an email from a very upset and “very cross” customer ( to use their words ) , with a copy of the ticket you had sent them
Your new Home Phone service should be available on 10/12/2015.
Your telephone number will be *********** . 

What on earth is going on here ?, there is absolutely no reason for a number change.
I did inform the agent who i thought had fully resolved this issue about ticket  #114576646 , this ticket was raised as soon as the account was created
This question has been raised because a Evening and Weekends sign up was attempted, but failed because the telephone number *********** is already in use on another Evening and Weekends account. Please verify that this is the case, and resolve any issues with the account to allow the customer to sign up. 

This same ticket has been raised by the system two more times yesterday, #115087703 and #115087544
The customers view of Plusnet is very very low right now and rightly so, you have shown some of your staff do not know your systems and processes, are happy to give incorrect and conflicting information, and the EU waits a considerable amount of time to be given this.
Why are you telling the customer there needs to be a number change?, when clearly this should not be the case, my initial thinking is that this is a system problem or agent error once again  ?
From the customers view you have handled this so far very unprofessional, and does not make me look good either.
If the above is not resolved very very soon, this order is going to be cancelled. As the customer does not want a number change.
Can a member of staff please look into resolving this please ?, and give me a quick call, my number should be on ticket #114786658 ( unable to see this open ticket as there are another four are open after this)
As a side note in 10 years of moving customers ( and keeping them here) to PN and your associated brands , it maybe time to advise, and move potential and existing customer elsewhere.
I find myself increasingly spending more and more time on the phone ( part of it on hold for long periods) ,trying to resolving issues for customers which in some instances will then require more follow up calls , because what has been agreed has not been followed up or the information given is incorrect.
One of the reasons i have kept customers here, is been able to be an authorised user for customers, so customer can send an email, and i can then take over, but given what is happening at PN , i have to think , is this a good enough reason . 
Recently i was thinking of moving my business line over , so to have it all my services with the same ISP ( currently have home phone and broadband) but not at the moment the way things are.
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Unfortunately i fear all you will get from PN staff,,, is the all too frequent SORRY !!! Embarrassed
Its about time PN started to get themselves in order 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi rongtw , i fear your a right , although i have a bit of hope an experienced staff member here might pick it up.
Something like this should need about 15 mins customer input, and that is the sign up journey , the rest should be handled correctly in the background by PN.
Situations like this and many others make statements like these seem so untrue "It's never been easier to move your broadband and phone"
At times feel like i am doing PN work for them , as i am sure many others here do!
Kind regards
Mike

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

What do you have to do around here to get some support PN
Mike

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

<Cynical mode>
You could try changing the thread title to something that praises PN as these *seem* to get attended to quicker Wink
</Cynical mode>
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear what's happening.
I'm just looking into this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That sounds like a "fun" issue for Matthew to sort out. But why are we seeing numerous cases of customers/potential customers receiving messages saying "Your telephone number will be *********** " where the number isn't their current number and they haven't even moved (so it's not a different exchange). What the hell is wrong with the ordering system or the training of the staff using it. Because this has come up before, and not recently, the problem should no longer exist. Are managers within Provisioning being told of this issue or are they just doing nothing about it!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Matthew
Sorry to hear what's happening.
I'm just looking into this.

Thanks for looking into this Matthew, as any progress been made?
Kind regards
Mike

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@I.T.Works
I'm just chasing further information on it. Should have a update soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Matthew,  having spoken with the customer this morning,  they inform may they have received an email saying home phone order had been cancelled,  can you please tell me what is going on.?Huh
Kind regards
Mike

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've cancelled the order that was going to give them a different number
I'm just arranging a transfer.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

They signed up via a special offer link, will they still get that?  do you need me to PM you the offer?
Regards
Mike

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The offer will still progress as it would normally.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Okay, I would appreciate if the customer could be rung  with an apology for the way this has gone , as it has been handled very very poorly indeed,   until you got on the case.
Kind regards
Mike