cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call wait times

adamcookeuk
Grafter

Call wait times

With call wait times now approaching 30 minutes, how much longer can Plus.net keep providing such a shockingly awful telephone support service?
Every piece of marketing I see about plus.net revolves around doing the customer proud and providing excellent service. I'm sure that trading standards and the advertising standards agency would be interested to here all the lies which consantly pop up on TV and on the website!
10 REPLIES 10
Empirical
Grafter

Re: Call wait times

You cannot complain to trading standards about subjective things. If they advertised "You wont wait more than 5 mins when calling us" then you would have something. Advertising "excelent service" or "we will do you proud" is never going to be objective enough to go anywhere.
As an aside I might just have been lucky but I've called then numerous times and the wait is normally half or less than half of what they warn. Think I waited 18 mins once that is the longest.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

adamcookeuk - what is it you need support for? If there is something I can help with?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@adamcookeuk
Had you seen http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122115.0.html?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Interestingly enough, when I called PN last week I also received the holding message re a 30 minutes wait. In reality my call was connected in less than 5 minutes. Maybe there is a problem with the way the computers monitor the number of calls. Huh
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm interested to know of the nature of the call, was it something that could have been done via the portal or by adding notes to a particular ticket.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Chris,
Facts are harder to find than perceptions.  The OP did not indicate their problem and has still not responded to your initial query.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamcookeuk
Grafter

Chris - you're missing the point entirely! If people are phoning (regardless of their issue) it should be answered in a reasonable time (< 5 minutes IMO).
In this case, I wanted to speak to Patrick [surname redacted] who has been handling the ongoing issues of getting a new phone line installed. In this case, after months of line plant work, we were finally able to have an engineer come to finish things off but he arrived to find more jointing needed to take place and was unable to do anything. So... after driving 40 miles to wait for him and sit around all afternoon, I was frustrated to need to spend a further 30 minutes on hold to follow up with Patrick to ensure that he was aware and would follow up with BT.
Sadly, I cannot trust PN to follow up with prompting from me as they consistently fail to do as they say they will and miss order updates from BT.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adamcookeuk,
Are the issues you've detailed for another account as I've looked at your account and both your phone and broadband services are connected and the orders are complete?
Chris was trying to ascertain what the call was in reference to, he was trying to provide help. He was wondering if your query could've been dealt with via the portal or via a ticket. We're aware the wait times are not where we would like them to be, however, they have consistently been improving since the 2nd contact centre in Leeds opened. We're still busy recruiting and training new staff so the wait times should continue to drop. Some times are busier than others so it is also dependent on when you're calling. I'm aware we've had some days recently where we've had a 2 minute wait for the majority of the day.
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Hi Linn - it relates to this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127655.0.html.
Which I'm just about to update Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks, I can see that Adam's popped an update on there for you. Any further updates regarding the account will be kept to the other thread.