cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV in Webmail

Jenkers

CSV in Webmail

I have only recently joined Plusnet and really like the service and personal service provided. I would suggest however that  transition from one's original provider to Plusnet could be made easier were Squirrel mail able to import CSV for the address book. I personally have hundreds of contacts in my present email program, and I foresee a nightmare ahead of me importing my addresses one by one. If there is another way that anyone knows though, I would really appreciate the input.
4 REPLIES 4
Mand
Grafter

Re: CSV in Webmail

Hi there,
Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you're liking things so far.
Squirrel Mail is not something we're committed to developing further TBH, we actually started a trial of a new webmail service based on Roundcube last year, and would be aiming to get that to everyone in the long term.
What email program do you use now? Is it web-based or a client?
edit: added extra bits
Jenkers

Hello Mand, not too up on technical side of email, but I presently use Gmail via Microsoft Outlook 2007 which appears to work quite well on IMAP. I am also using Squirrel mail in a similar way, and I know I can use the contacts from my Outlook to work with  Squirrel mail too, it's just that I thought for anyone not wishing to go to the expense of Outlook, the CSV would work quite well. Thanks for your response in any case.
David_W
Rising Star

As you use Gmail, you can import your contacts to that with CSV and use Gmail to collect your mail (via POP3) from PlusNet giving you a central location for your emails.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Jenkers
it's just that I thought for anyone not wishing to go to the expense of Outlook

Outlook isn't the only email client that supports IMAP (or the best). Sometimes free software is much better!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)