cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye plusnet, too expensive for me now

karimoum
Dabbler

Bye bye plusnet, too expensive for me now

2 price increases during the contract. And the non competitive pricing now has forced me to jump ship.

I've been with plusnet for 4 years. The new member rates are attractive but it's not available to us existing members.

I have decided to switch to vodafone which have 76Mbps fibre with land line and anytime landline and mobile calls for a whopping £32 for new members.

Last renewal, retentions gave me a paltry £5 off per month which didn't cut it for me. So this year I've given myself a bigger discount.

I like the reliability and performance of plusnet. I may be back as a new customer after my vodafone contract is finished. Although it seems that BT/plusnet/EE are going to join forces so there may not be a plusnet in 18 months time.

A bit nervous about switching to voda, I would have liked plusnet to match the offer but it's unlikely. I'm reassuring myself that it's all BT openreach on different branding anyway. If I didn't have issues with plusnet I shouldn't have issues with vodafone.

3 REPLIES 3
richierich007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Bye bye plusnet, too expensive for me now

ive just renew my contract (80/20) got the same deal as new customers also 6quid a month btsports hd via skybox, 36pm all in, happy with that, just call them 

karimoum
Dabbler

Thanks for the tip.

I had a bit of leverage, the vodafone order was placed and going through. They made me an offer that was OK but because the vf order was in place I managed to get much more leverage and they pricematched to a very generous amount which I am very happy with.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

When talking to COTs it is always worth responding along the lines of...

Thank you, I'll go away and think about that and review against my other options

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.