cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullying

Knutech

Re: Bullying

I'm guessing your a youngster? When you don't know if your going to open your eyes again and your spouse is at your bedside everyday I would hope you woukd choke on your words! If your partner couldn't phone the hospital to see how there love one was and couldn't contact the rest of the FAMILY by phone or Email, would you be upset. Then you have Plusnet calling your mobile which is a private number and not on their network chasing payment despite being told you are in hospital bed, don't you think that is bullying? If not get some education and a life. Paying bills is the last thing on your mind when you might die or perhaps your a God and can die but still manage to keep your affairs intact. For the record the bill had actually been paid!
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

Sadly Plusnet is a business, and as a business, they're not interested in sympathy, only making sure they get their money. Yes, you shouldn't have to worry about bills at a time where you are unsure if the next day will be your last and Plusnet should understand this, but, they won't, because shareholders are more important than the bill payer's life...

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time though, you have my sympathies at least... Smiley

Knutech

It wasn't me using it [Removed]! It was my wife. Grow up and get a life. You sad Troll.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult removed as per Forum rules.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Is this referring to me?

I am not a "youngster" anymore. My eyes are open (otherwise I would have trouble typing this).
Yes I can understand you've had serious problems and what it must of meant to you.

Ok when you told them what had happened I think they should have laid off you. I didn't know they knew. 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

I have moved this thread to Plusnet Feedback where it seems more appropriate.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I too have found myself unexpectedly hospitalised with a dicky ticker. Lessons I learnt:and actioned as soon as I was fit enough:

1. The world did not stop for me and bills had to by paid. For the first time in our married life I set up a joint account so that my wife had access to money.

2. Where-ever practical I set up direct debits so that essential bills got paid on time.

3. The hardest to control; getting uptight and angry only puts further pressure on the heart.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sorry to hear that @Baldrick1.

But yes, not a nice time and easy to say I know, but you have to try not to get too stressed about it - but you do.

I have to go to hospital soon (not for me). When it was for me (unexpected, I had to stay), main problem was I only had the clothes I came in with. Luckily one bank transfer later, a friend visited me after doing an emergency M&S shop as I needed a change of clothes.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Knutech

I am very sorry to hear of the situation you're in. From looking at your account I believe this has since been resolved and your account is up to date? Let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@chenks76 wrote:
indeed, if you're well enough to use the phone and well enough to post on an internet forum then you're well enough to pay the damn money that you owe them.

Assuming you have it of course.

Some people end up in hospital and don't have the money until they're back to work. By that i mean they live on the breadline and only have money to pay bills once they've earned it via working. If you're in hospital and not working then the money isn't there.

You can be well enough to use a phone or post on an internet forum while being seriously ill in hospital. I did so back in 2013 when I basically posted a topic here on the PN forum which was my way of saying "Bye all". The next day I was in for emergency surgery that took 5 odd hours while my abdomen was taken apart and cleaned out. I was back on the internet the next day using my netbook but i was very ill - I spent 4 days in HDU where they normally keep people for 1 or 2 max. I also had problems staying awake or concentrating on complex things - there is no way i could have done any financial transactions. I'm sure many others will say the same when they've had similar experiences.

Your point is invalid chenks. In a thread about bullying it's funny how you've managed to become slightly aggressive towards the op who has been very ill. There was no need for it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7up
Community Veteran

@Anonymous wrote:

Its not a lack of compassion @Champnet, it's the reality of life. 

I disagree. In reality you wouldn't have a total stranger walk up to you telling you "Hey you can use the internet and phone so you can pay your bills" while you're laying there in a hospital bed fighting for your life.

Some of the comments in this thread are pretty nasty and very cutting. The thread is titled bullying and while i'll agree that PN were not intentionally doing so, some of the members in this thread are.

7up
Community Veteran

@Knutech wrote:

It wasn't me using it [Removed]! It was my wife. Grow up and get a life. You sad Troll.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult removed as per Forum rules.

For future reference Knutech when you click reply to someones comment hit the quote button just above the text box. That way it inserts a quote like the one above and then its clear who you're responding too / putting right.

Sorry to see you've had a hostile experience on this forum, we're not all like it but there a few hostiles here just like on all forums.

I hope you're doing ok..

7up
Community Veteran

@Gandalf wrote:

@Knutech

I am very sorry to hear of the situation you're in. From looking at your account I believe this has since been resolved and your account is up to date? Let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Anoush

I have a question. The op said in a recent post that the bill had already been paid yet you were calling and chasing for money.

Have you or do you intend to make any policy changes internally to ensure this doesn't happen again? - You're known for having a unsatisfactory billing system and its been going on for years. You can't be doing this to people who are ill in hospital. It isn't right.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@7up wrote:

Assuming you have it of course.

Some people end up in hospital and don't have the money until they're back to work. By that i mean they live on the breadline and only have money to pay bills once they've earned it via working. If you're in hospital and not working then the money isn't there.

You can be well enough to use a phone or post on an internet forum while being seriously ill in hospital. I did so back in 2013 when I basically posted a topic here on the PN forum which was my way of saying "Bye all". The next day I was in for emergency surgery that took 5 odd hours while my abdomen was taken apart and cleaned out. I was back on the internet the next day using my netbook but i was very ill - I spent 4 days in HDU where they normally keep people for 1 or 2 max. I also had problems staying awake or concentrating on complex things - there is no way i could have done any financial transactions. I'm sure many others will say the same when they've had similar experiences.

Your point is invalid chenks. In a thread about bullying it's funny how you've managed to become slightly aggressive towards the op who has been very ill. There was no need for it.

in YOUR opinion.
just as well i don't value your opinion in any way.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Whilst accepting that the OP and their family are in difficult circumstances just what are people's expectations here? No ISP is a charity or the social services - although the matter appears to have been resolved (rightly) there is no indication of how long the account has been in arears. A claim of bullying or harassment can only be substantiated if the OP was being asked to pay for something not used / contracted for.

I do wonder at what point plusnet were actually advised if the OP's circumstances - immediately upon the first month's unpaid bill reminder or sometime thereafter? Standing payment arrangement would have completely avoided this unfortunate saga.

I hope that the OP's recovery continues day by day.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

I have now locked this thread for two reasons.

1. The OPs issue now has been resolved.
  2. It has become another playground for certain members to continue squabbling in, something we prefer not to have.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine