cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report - Static IP Bolt-On

Matt_D

Bug Report - Static IP Bolt-On

Bit of background, I'm a new Plusnet customer and as I had with my previous provider I wanted a static IP address. What I therefore did straight after ordering my broadband and logging in was add the Static IP Address Bolt-On. The issue arose when my broadband order completed; the static IP address bolt-on was still showing as active with the "remove this bolt-on" button still present, however when in the static IP configuration page it was showing as "Current Status: You are now using a dynamic IP address". Hence even though I restarted my modem & router several times I kept on receiving a new IP address each time.

What appears to have happened is that when the broadband was activated, as in every case, the configuration gets set up as a dynamic IP address. This therefore overwrote the IP configuration back to dynamic but still left the static IP bolt-on active (and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be charged the £5 which I will have to sort out). Got this sorted out by asking customer services to remove and re-add the bolt-on as I knew this would reset the IP configuration (and so that they could refund me at the same time).

A simple fix would be to disable the static IP bolt-on button until the broadband order is marked as complete.

Likely caused the issue in this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Static-IP-Bolt-On-Problem/m-p/1593340#M20465

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Bug Report - Static IP Bolt-On

Thanks for the feedback.

What you've said would be also what I'd say has happened too.

I'll see if I can pass this on to the right people internally.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Heads up that when I went into your account, I made sure we’ve applied a credit of £5 to offset one of the static IP charges you’ll see on your next invoice.
Hope this helps. Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Matt_D

Thanks, that's great!

Hopefully it gets sorted. Smiley