cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report - Static IP Bolt-On

Highlighted
Matt_D

Bug Report - Static IP Bolt-On

Bit of background, I'm a new Plusnet customer and as I had with my previous provider I wanted a static IP address. What I therefore did straight after ordering my broadband and logging in was add the Static IP Address Bolt-On. The issue arose when my broadband order completed; the static IP address bolt-on was still showing as active with the "remove this bolt-on" button still present, however when in the static IP configuration page it was showing as "Current Status: You are now using a dynamic IP address". Hence even though I restarted my modem & router several times I kept on receiving a new IP address each time.

What appears to have happened is that when the broadband was activated, as in every case, the configuration gets set up as a dynamic IP address. This therefore overwrote the IP configuration back to dynamic but still left the static IP bolt-on active (and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be charged the £5 which I will have to sort out). Got this sorted out by asking customer services to remove and re-add the bolt-on as I knew this would reset the IP configuration (and so that they could refund me at the same time).

A simple fix would be to disable the static IP bolt-on button until the broadband order is marked as complete.

Likely caused the issue in this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Static-IP-Bolt-On-Problem/m-p/1593340#M20465

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 778

Re: Bug Report - Static IP Bolt-On

Thanks for the feedback.

What you've said would be also what I'd say has happened too.

I'll see if I can pass this on to the right people internally.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 778

Heads up that when I went into your account, I made sure we’ve applied a credit of £5 to offset one of the static IP charges you’ll see on your next invoice.
Hope this helps. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Matt_D

Thanks, that's great!

Hopefully it gets sorted. :smiley: