cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

chadroberts1989

Broadband

after having my line installed by an enginerr and numerious contact to cust, services i was told my broadband equipment would be delivered within 5 days, however it still said on my account page that they were awaiting order of my broadband equipment, i contacted cust services again a number of times and raised tickets!!! to be give 3 diffrent excuses before going mad and eventually getting it sorted, excuses included
1) it was a problem on there side and has been re ordered - (still not been ordered)
2) my phone line does not accept ADSL connection and an enginer would need to vist - (i beg to differ as the BT enginer that came to my house the day before said the ADSL connection was fine)
3) because the phone line has only just been activated they can only just order the broandband equipment! - (finally sorted!!!)
oh and finally whats this on order tracker about a first payment of £4.99!!!!! i am ment to have 4 months free if any more money gets taken out of my account i will be canceling and contacting ofcom as this is clearly out of there code of pratice and beyond the joke.........
and to be fair if my internet connect/speed is any worse than i have been reading on various forums i will be investergating this personally - (as i work for trading standards)
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Broadband

Hi there,
Quote from: chadroberts1989
after having my line installed by an enginerr and numerious contact to cust, services i was told my broadband equipment would be delivered within 5 days, however it still said on my account page that they were awaiting order of my broadband equipment, i contacted cust services again a number of times and raised tickets!!! to be give 3 diffrent excuses before going mad and eventually getting it sorted, excuses included
1) it was a problem on there side and has been re ordered - (still not been ordered)

There wasn't a problem as such from what I can tell. Your telephone line was installed on the 26th. Once this work has completed it can take 24 hours or so for the confirmation to make it's way back to us and for the system to then submit the order for your broadband. You contacted us on the 27th by the looks of things at which point we gave things a bit of a nudge. The broadband order has been submitted and is due for completion on the 4th June (little later than you'd normally expect due to the bank holiday).

2) my phone line does not accept ADSL connection and an enginer would need to vist - (i beg to differ as the BT enginer that came to my house the day before said the ADSL connection was fine)

No idea why you were told this and I can't see any record of it on your account. What time and date were you given this advice so I can track down the person who gave you the information?
3) because the phone line has only just been activated they can only just order the broandband equipment! - (finally sorted!!!)

Not entirely true, the equipment is dispatched by the system to arrive a day or two before your broadband is due to go active. You were querying its whereabouts well before this date so we've arranged for it to be sent to you early.
oh and finally whats this on order tracker about a first payment of £4.99!!!!! i am ment to have 4 months free if any more money gets taken out of my account i will be canceling and contacting ofcom as this is clearly out of there code of pratice and beyond the joke.........

It's the postage and packaging fee for the router. Did you sign up online as this cost is quite prominent during the sign up journey? (see attached screengrab).
and to be fair if my internet connect/speed is any worse than i have been reading on various forums i will be investergating this personally - (as i work for trading standards)

It's estimated at 3Mbps but in reality your speed could be higher (or lower) than that.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chadroberts1989

Re: Broadband

i know there wasnt a problem its just the fact when i rang i was told 3 diffrent stories  Cheesy
unfortunatually i dont have the time/date of the call about the ADSL connection as i rang from work but i do know it was someone at your south african call centre and she gave me the number i would need to call to arrange an appiontment for the enginer to come out if that helps?  Undecided
i was told on the phone that you had to re order my broadband because it was not done the first time round due to a error on your side?---------
there is no problem here i was just wondering after reading a few really really bad posts and reviews (after signing up)  Shocked