cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband "usage allowance"

ukthesis
Hooked

Broadband "usage allowance"

I've just sdigned up with PlusNet with the Unlimited Fibre plan.  But what's all this about "usage allowance."? 

I assumed that I could download and upload as much as I want.  Like with Virgin Media, my present supplier. I do a lot of surfing on the internet each day.  I don't want to be limited in how long I can go on the service without being penalised!  Because I almost certainly will.

Am I getting this wrong, in which case why is the service called UNLIMITED Fibre?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Broadband "usage allowance"

It is unlimited. Where are you seeing this message?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ukthesis
Hooked

Saw it in the current handbook.  But I then looked on the internet, and this should only apply to old packages, when there were these limits.  Might be a good idea for PlusNet to remove this page from their current handbook! USAGE.PNG

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Yes, you can ignore it. Some people may still be on this old legacy product as Plusnet does allow this.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I can confirm that our unlimited packages have absolutely no usage allowances. I think I (With the help of a few house mates) got up to around 3TB in a month a few years ago, although I've not been close to that since.

Thanks for flagging that it's still showing in our handbook, I'll raise this with the appropriate team.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still