cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping

sylandalpin
Dabbler

Broadband keeps dropping

Can anyone tell me why I'm going round in circles trying to get my broadband sorted out? I have done all the tests that Plusnet ask you to do and was told it was my router that was the problem and I would be sent a new one. It never arrived and when I finally spoke to someone after being passed from phone to live chat and back again with still a problem with my internet. I have tried to get someone to phone me at home and save me waiting over 2 hours on my phone to speak to someone. I have had enough and will be cancelling my direct debit. I cannot believe the way plusnet treat their customers. I will make sure that people will know what a terrible company Plusnet is.
A totally pi--ed off  ex customer.
30 REPLIES 30
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Broadband keeps dropping

Hi Alan,
Which router have you got and when did you get it?
Exactly how do you perceive the BB dropping?  There have been some recent reports of users with the 2704n finding that they cannot access some web sites - this could be perceived as the link dropping.  There is a know MTU setting problem with very recent deliveries of the 2704n router.  If you've not got that router or its not a recent delivery, then this is not relevant.
It is not clear from your post if you have received a replacement router and still have a problem.
If you are ADSL and still want help, please read the "speed issues" thread - link below - and post back the requested information.
Is the phone line quiet - dial 17070 option 2.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear your having issues with your connection.
The line is certainly dropping as shown here

I can see we've requested a engineer but you've not agreed to the potential charge if the fault is found to be internal.
We can't book anything until you agree to that I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sylandalpin
Dabbler

The reason I won't agree to a charge is that I don't own anything the router is what you supplied and the phone sockets were here when I moved in. I did all the tests that plusnet wanted me to do and was told it was the router that was the problem and you would send me a new one. Then you changed your mind  I then was told start a new contract and then it would be sorted at the moment I'm on my last month of my contract and paid up to around the 26th of this month. With all the hassle I have had with Plusnet I would not give you another penny. Looking on this forum  shows how many people are frustrated with the shocking way you run your business. And for your employees to come and pretend to be helping you to sort your problems just stinks. I promise you that I will inform many on local forums and social media what a bad company Plusnet is.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The acceptance that there might be a charge is dictated by BT Openreach. If you have done all that is asked of you, you are unlikely to be subject to that charge.  This is standard practice across all ISPs.
If you move and the problem is your line which belongs to and is serviced by BTOR then the problem will move with you and any engineer visit will be on the premise of a NFF charge liability.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

A CRT member should be able to assure you that you will not be charged. It is a standard notice though, and unfortunately it does upset some people as it has in your case.
sylandalpin
Dabbler

Phone call

I should have had a phone call today from Adam Walker at PLUSNET. Thought I would put it on here has it takes ages to get through to speak to someone at PLUSNET. I didn't think it would take all day just to make a phone call. Another day wasted.
Wrighty11
Grafter

Re: Phone call

Hi sylandalpin
Ive spoke to Adam and he will give you a call back shortly Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for your time,
As mentioned we didn't agree on a specific time for me to get in touch but I'm really glad to hear everything is OK with your connection at the moment.
I'll speak to you again on Friday, I'll do my best to phone in the morning.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sylandalpin
Dabbler

Hello again Adam,  Like I said apart from dropping out on the Sunday morning everything has been working ok, then around 3 o'clock this afternoon it dropped out again it just doesn't make sense.The speed of my internet is rubbish too.http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4436833978.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear about this.
A single drop isn't classed as a fault I'm afraid as this can be normal for an ADSL connection and shouldn't cause any disruption.
I'm looking at the speed issue now for you.
Can you tell me if the connection drops when you pick up the phone?
EDIT, unless the use of your phone is affecting your connection the next step would be to arrange a broadband engineer visit.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to confirm I've noticed some further connection drops so an engineer visit would be the next step.
Do let me know if use of the phone affects the connection.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sylandalpin
Dabbler

Hello Adam,
As you didn't manage to phone me this morning  rather than waiting  I would just like to update you on my internet dropping out. Well as I've told you before,  it dropped out on Sunday just the once and was ok until Tuesday, since then it's dropped out at least twice a day. The phone also dropped out on Sunday but has been ok ever since.  You said that I would be compensated for the loss of my services and  all the inconvenience over the past  months.  You also stated that I would have 3 months service  free of charge,  if this still stands then I think I will have this period to decide what kind of service I receive from your company before I cancel with you or not.  I hope this is for the total charge of my direct debit which I what I understood that you were offering me by way of compensation. If you choose to send an engineer out at your cost then that would be acceptable too but I am still unwilling to pay for this as my telephone line which the internet comes through is working properly.  We have paid a hell of a lot of money for a speed that it far from adequate for the amount we're charged. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4444213594.
Sylvia Pinder
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for not being able to call this morning.
I can definitely agree to provide the compensation you asked for and I'm really glad the issue seems to be resolved.
I'll make some checks from here shortly with regards to speeds and will get back to you within the next hour.
EDIT:
Please see my reply to ticket 105262987.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sylandalpin
Dabbler

Well Adam what happened to getting back to me within the next hour? I agreed to you arranging a engineer to call between 8 and 1, I also asked for confirmation of no direct debit payments for the next three months.Please can you do something about it. If nothing is done to sort out my problem I will be going to the small claims court there is to much of dragging your feet at Plusnet. Alan Pinder.