cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation delayed

tango3

Broadband activation delayed

Undecided Hi, having read some of the posts re non activation of broadband my post will seem minor at the moment compared to some customers who have been waiting weeks for broadband activation. My service was only due activation  today as the phone line was connected yesterday so some will say why am I worried. The text advising me of the delay in activating my broadband line seemed very matter of course , and no estimated time of activation was suggested by Plusnet. Given some of the posts concerning this worry to customers it is especially worrying to new customers (1 Day). I am concerned when my current ISP switches off my broadband I will be left with nothing.  For Plusnet to come out top in the Which survey seems odd given the posts of the uncertainty about activating phone/broad lines! As I am at the moment a cable customer will this create further problems in that there will be no MAC code available to Plusnet on an ADSL line. As other customers have said they were persuaded to move on the strength of things like the Which tables and Plusnet costs being less than other ISP,s. I hope this is not going to be a case of ' you get what you pay for' . I have left a polite ticket requesting Plusnet inform me of estimated time to delivery of my broadband line. I will keep you informed as to my wait and success or not . Any comments from Plusnet moderators would be welcome so as to re-assure me, as on ringing Customer support I was informed of a wait of 30 + minutes!
3 REPLIES 3
eblakeborough
Grafter

Re: Broadband activation delayed

Hi there Tango3,
Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. The Digicare team aren't usually in at this time. If you want to PM me your username I can take a look at your account and give you a call if you want?
Ed
<edit>
Got your account up now. I'm just taking a look into it and i'll be in touch with you.
eblakeborough
Grafter

Hi Tango3,
I can confirm that your Account is now active. I have replied to your message you sent to us.
Let us know if you have any further problems.
Ed
tango3

:)Hi again, well now really re-assured as my broadband came on yesterday evening (inside quoted connection time), Also got a reply from Plusnet moderator who dealt with this, so I have no reason to feel unhappy. Plusnet have kept their original connection times , alll working well. I would observe that if there are for any reasons for delay in connecting new customers that the notification messages are more definitive in that the customer needs an estimate of when they will be connected etc. This would seem less vague to the customer at the point of time when they were waiting for answer. Thank you Plusnet