Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Usage - useless

irritablegit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Broadband Usage - useless

I perhaps look at my Usage once per month.  Every time I do, I seem to need re-training !  Angry
Why is it so difficult to work out my usage ?
My usage is a monthly rate.  Why not big labels
"This month's usage to date - Paid for"
"This month's usage to date - Free"
"This month's usage to date - Total"
Can I suggest you ask somone who is not familar with the screens to sit down and try to explain them to you - then fix them so they take a lot less time to interpret
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband Usage - useless

It does say that, or at least very similar in the summary when you first look at the view my usage page.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/usage/vmbu.shtml?supporta=checkusage#summaryPage
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geoffp0
Grafter

Can't really see any problem with the chart actually, I have only just joined PN and as a 70 year old fart I can understand the usage chart so if I can I am sure that anyone can, if unsure read the spill on it at:-
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/usage/vmbu.shtml?supporta=checkusage#summaryPage
Geoff Cheesy
irritablegit
Rising Star

@ Chris
Thank you
You have just highlighted perfectly why you need to ask someone who is not familiar with the screen to explain it to you.
Remember - it is monthly usage.
Please fix it
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If the table title said "Summary of this month's usage" instead of just "Summary" does that provide the hint you are seeking?
In my opinion adding "This month's usage to date" on each item line adds too much clutter. And use of "to date" is likely to confuse, ie are billing months or calendar months being referred to?
David
irritablegit
Rising Star

Very good !  I have just checked my usage - now everyone who has not seen the screen before should be able to understand what it means !
I know - those who are familiar with it don't notice how awkward screens can be to interpret.  Ideally, screens should be understandable at a glance, rather than have to stare at it wondering.
Good job !  Smiley
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

When I click on View My Usage I see the Total Usage To Date This Month.
If I then click on Usage This Month I see a day by day figure of my usage.
I would like to see the total usage to date on the day by day page as when I look at the detail I forget the overall total to date.
StephenF
Grafter

personally i always thought it was quite clear and concise on its meaning and never had an issue with it.