Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

LordFox
Rising Star

There's been a problem
Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.

Yeah, that's a great help. An hour+ wait for support on the phone, and the website doesn't work.
My connection has been dropping continually all afternoon and evening (ever since I saw a BT Fibre van a few doors up this morning!). When I get connected, I get less than 1Mbps data down. Then it drops again. The ADSL connection stays, but PPP drops and it takes many retries to get a PPP connection again; a practically unusable, slow one.
It's taken me nearly ten minutes to get here to post this.
Not again!!!
3 REPLIES 3
LordFox
Rising Star

Re: Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

After 45 minutes on the phone, the line just went dead.
So, I can't raise a ticket because the website does not work (I keep trying), I can't online chat because that is not available, and I can't get through on the phone.
How on earth am I supposed to get support at Plusnet now?
(Yes, I've reset my router, tried another router (which failed to get PPP like the first), and banged my head against the wall). It's always a problem caused by BT around here, has been for ten years.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have you got a dial tone?  If you phone your line does it ring?
If the answer to the last one is no, you could try this.  Years ago if you had problems trying to get through to a number (in this case yours) asking the BT operator (dial 100) to try and then test the line would result in THEM reporting a faulty line.
Have you tried the PHONE fault trouble shooter - see link below.

@CRT, Is there a profile on why the BB trouble shooter fails?  For example, might such a failure point to a circuit issue which should be progressed with the phone provider?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Although you received the error message the fault has come through to us.
However if you're now experiencing issues on the phone line you'd probably be best reporting this to your phone provider as that's likely to have a knock-on effect on your broadband.
There were a few disconnections yesterday (4), but it's looking stable since then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.