cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Outages

RichB

Broadband Outages

Has anyone else had issues with next to no broadband since the early hours of the 17th of September 2014 with no sign of a fix anytime soon?
6 REPLIES 6
All4One
Grafter

Re: Broadband Outages

Have you checked your area code on BT Status? And I doubt it...have you spoken with Plusnet Technical Support?
RichB

Yes I have checked the BT site and I am sick to death of contacting Plusnet. The broadband is so unreliable that pages on the Internet take two or three attempts to load and downloads typically get to within 3 secs of completing then hang. Most times I try to do a BT Wholesale Speed Test the test will not complete,  when it does complete it will show downloads speeds between 3.6 & 13,6mbps  and upload speeds upto 0.03 Mbps. Up until the 17th September the broadband worked without issue, now it so unreliable it's unusable.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Have you raised a fault here https://faults.plus.net
RichB

I raised a fault with Plusnet on the 17th September.  The first Openreach enginineer visited on the 23rd, the second engineer on the 2nd October. I have been in touch with Plusnet at least a dozen times. My broadband is still not working as it should. I am presently using the test socket with a brand new Plusnet router so there is no internal wiring involved at all.
RichB

Just in case the Forum Moderator needs to know, I contacted PN again today and also contacted the customer retention department. I still have no idea when my service will resume, but at least now I know I am stuck with PN until my contract expires, I can't afford to loose my advance line rental payment or the hefty cancelation fee that PN want. Not a happy customer at all!! I wish that I had stayed with TalkTalk and saved some cash, just goes to show that paying more for a service doesn't guarantee a better service.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi RichB,
At present we're waiting for our suppliers to get a new line card delivered and installed at the local exchange so we can get your service up and running.
I'm through to our suppliers now and things are taking a while so bear with me and I'll have an update for you shortly.
Cheers for your patience and we should see this resolved soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team