cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Contract Renewal

GrahamF
Grafter

Broadband Contract Renewal

My Broadband/Phone Package was due for renewal this month.  I've been a loyal PlusNet Customer for many years (going back as far as the days when it was ic24). disappointed that new customers get a better deal than I can - they can get free Broadband for 18 months wheras the best deal I can get is Broadband discounted to £3.33 per month for the 18 month period.  I've renewed this time, but think that existing customers should get at least the same terms being offered for new business.

14 REPLIES 14
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Broadband Contract Renewal

Genuine offers are thin on the ground as someone has to pay for the "free" broadband and cashback. And long term broadband only customers like me get none whatsoever.

Then it's to be expected from a company with a comic as a frontman.

machare
Rising Star

I am inclined to agree, but introductory offers are quite common. It is easy to fall into the same trap with car or house insurance.To the extend that they encourage more people to take up broadband I see them as being a good thing as that will help to bring costs down. IIRC my first broadband connection cost £20 per month for 0.5mbps

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I was offered what I'm paying now: £2.50 a month for broadband and line rental saver upfront (about £185) for an 18-month contract.

I mentioned that TalkTalk are doing the BB free (with line rental) and it's on a 12-month contract. PN said they wouldn't go any lower.

Haven't accepted anything yet but need to think things over.

GrahamF
Grafter

Iwas previously paying £2.50 but wasn't even given the option of remaining on this rate

GrahamF
Grafter

Anybody from PlusNet care to comment???

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Discounts, offers and deals can change regularly. We can't always offer the same deals that you're currently on or deal match other providers.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
billnotben
Community Veteran

Pity pluset can't put up these offers on their website instead of having to listen to the totally inappropriate "Don't you want me" while on hold.

And why not, as plusnet manage to keep putting up all the changing offers available to new customers.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

It's logical that would lead to everyone being on offers so plusnet wouldn't make any profit. Or if you like it another way those not on an offer are paying for those who are
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
billnotben
Community Veteran

Then it would be logical that offers be applied fairly at a sustainable price so everyone gets a crack.

Instead of the good number of old customers that seem to be paying for a strangers line as well as their own

Still not "feeling the love".

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

You won't change the business model with wishful thinking!

I changed my electricity supplier within the last year, and left sky in favour of PN TV recently. I change mine and my wife's car insurance every year. I'll probably leave Plusnet when my contract is up for an offer elsewhere. It's the way it is go with the flow
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
billnotben
Community Veteran

At the moment the difference is not at the tipping point.

One thing that does make me smile is that I can now get it slightly cheaper with BT.

Which begs the question, the point of plusnet is?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Chris, do you know how long the offer I was (offered) is valid until? My contract expires in about a month's time. If I ring about a week before, will PN still accept what they've said?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

We generally keep the offer valid for 30 days

TopCat

BT Unlimited Infinity 2 for me costs more than £10 more than I'm paying for Plusnet (even allowing for line rental saver). YMMV.