cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the old Plus.NET ( Quality products, services & customer service )

a18041967

Bring back the old Plus.NET ( Quality products, services & customer service )

I'v been with Plus.NET for many years and in the past I have been very pleased, but over the past few months have been very disppointed with the serives offered, is it just me or are Plus.NET just the same as anyother ISP now?
* Earlier in the year I noticed that standard downloads in the evening (Microsoft updates) were being capped at 35kbps, after many calls indicating that I had a fault (I knew there was not fault after 00:00 this increased 700kps) I was told that I needed to upgrade to the PRO. Why should a customer have to pay extra to have an acceptable download speed, I understand why torrents, music etc are all capped but this was basic system updates.
* I've just checked the products and the PRO package appears to have changed from unlimted to 20GB download allowance, why Plus.NET no longer have an unlimited download package, Virgin, o2 all provide these services ( yes acceptable usage)
* Ticket raised with CS 14hr for a response, still no update. Yet again don't blame this on the weather, any good communications company will have the facilities for their support staff to work from home. I work for a large retailer in their IT dept. and remote working is basic stuff now adays.
* I tried call CS to discuss future, over 15 minute wait at my expense (0845 no.), don't blame it on the weather this is now normal wait times.
Plus.NET wake up and smell the coffee.... your company is going down the pan and I'll be leaving if you don't provide a suitable package at a reasonable price.
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Bring back the old Plus.NET ( Quality products, services & customer service )

The replacement for Unlimited is Premium with an 80GB allowance and similar shaping.
Pro was never unlimited
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Bring back the old Plus.NET ( Quality products, services & customer service )

Quote from: a18041967
are Plus.NET just the same as anyother ISP now?
Plus.NET wake up and smell the coffee.... your company is going down the pan and I'll be leaving if you don't provide a suitable package at a reasonable price.

No its not just you, plus.net used to be the ISP of choice for enthusiastic, now they are no more that just another commodity supplier.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What did you expect when BT took over? A good clue as to how PlusNet was/is heading was the leaving of the devoted staff that gaves PlusNet the reputation it once had.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Oh Ye with poor memories.  Lips_are_sealed
I remember just how bad Plusnet became in the period before BT took over - horrible speeds, under capacity, etc.  Sad Sad
However we now have an ISP which meets my requirements for cost and performance - Value in a Market 3 exchange.  Grin
But I wouldn't be classed as an enthusiast - just a normal user who doesn't do P2P, Usenet or massive downloads - and it appears that this is the market Plusnet are now aiming for.
Yes I use the free website for bits and pieces but for my main website I use 1&1 which is much more suited to my requirements with its unlimited traffic policy and progressive pricing for size.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I understand that there are presently severe 21CN speed problems.
According to http://community.plus.net/blog/category/traffic-management/
An extra segment (or two) was lit every fortnight for the last few months.
But nothing at all since November 26th.
Why?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Because the number of users on the standard centrals is probably going down. How? Because they are busy moving people across to 21CN (often ADSL1 on 21CN) and I believe all new users on 21CN WBC enabled exchanges will be on 21CN.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Is this why 21CN has hit the buffers?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You've seen http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82536.0.html Looks like BT totally miscalculated the capacity needed and that ISP's have been moving people across faster than they expected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

(Microsoft updates) were being capped at 35kbps

That's due to the speed restrictions on your account type at certain times of the day, take a look here for the details: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bbyw/speed.shtml#Option2speeds
Why should a customer have to pay extra to have an acceptable download speed, I understand why torrents, music etc are all capped but this was basic system updates.

We have to limit certain download servers and sites as if we didn't we'd more than likely have to increase prices to allow the extra bandwidth to be paid for.
I've just checked the products and the PRO package appears to have changed from unlimted to 20GB download allowance, why Plus.NET no longer have an unlimited download package, Virgin, o2 all provide these services ( yes acceptable usage)

Pro has never been unlimited, in fact we recently increased the usage allowance on it. It originally had 10GB, we then increased this to 15GB and now it's at 20GB.
Ticket raised with CS 14hr for a response, still no update. Yet again don't blame this on the weather, any good communications company will have the facilities for their support staff to work from home. I work for a large retailer in their IT dept. and remote working is basic stuff now adays.

We have had some staff working from home if they couldn't get into the office, however due to current system restrictions these are not able to take support calls. This means the balance of the support team isn't as good as it could be and therefore some delays are occurring.
I tried call CS to discuss future, over 15 minute wait at my expense (0845 no.), don't blame it on the weather this is now normal wait times.

You can try checking here before calling, it'll give you an overview of how busy we are at varying points throughout the day.
I'll be leaving if you don't provide a suitable package at a reasonable price.

Sorry to hear that, we've always said that our products aren't suitable for everyone, but we try and make them as suited to as many people as possible.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leewilson78
Grafter

Another unhappy customer here, I've had problems with my connection, plus.net seem reluctant to take responsibility, I have had BT come out improve my line, I have tried all the recommendations, I have even bought a new router, all the while, plus.net seem to do nothing.
Not good!