Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Botched upgrade

FIXED
dan17
Grafter

Botched upgrade

Hi,

I would like to make a formal complaint about how badly our upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra has gone.

I ordered the upgrade on 4th Dec 2019 and it wasn’t until the end of January when we got the service running properly. The order took a really long time to be processed, the upgrade in speed was messed up twice and we have had to chase people numerous times via different channels to get things resolved - see all ticket history from Dec until February.

The service we have received from Plusnet all around has been appalling, except from a few knowledgeable employees here on the forum (Gandalf, LordFoul,Adam, Katie and others). I have never seen such disorganisation, lack of communication and overall poor service.

Can someone please look into our account and deal with this complaint finally?
13 REPLIES 13
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Botched upgrade

Fix

Hi @dan17

I can see that your case handler @LordFoul has taken ownership of this for you.

I've spoken to him on your behalf and although he's out of the office tomorrow, he has advised that he'll be in touch on Saturday to see this through to resolution for you - he's already raised this as a complaint.

Best wishes

Dave

dan17
Grafter

Hi Dave,

I am looking forward to getting this resolved.
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Thank you for your patience @dan17

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
dan17
Grafter

Hi,

Nobody has been in touch today
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@dan17,

Sorry about the lack of response on Saturday or Sunday. I can see @LordFoul has been in touch with you yesterday via the complaint ticket to explain why that didn't happen and discussed the connection and compensation issues. If you do have any further problems I'd suggest updating on the ticket in the first instance. 

dan17
Grafter

After all of this saga, now the bill is wrong. @LaurenB was previously dealing with the tickets
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Morning @dan17, I have responded on your ticket here to explain your bill this month. Please just get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dan17
Grafter

I just want to say, the promised speed has finally been achieved on our contract this week. Down c.a. 62mbps.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@dan17  So what happened between February and July, were you not getting the expected speeds, seems like a long time for a speed upgrade.🙄

dan17
Grafter

It was stuck on around 50 and since it initially took a really long time to fix the upgrade to Fibre, I gave up chasing this. This week they finally have been fixed, my guess is that Openreach engineers had done work on the cabinet as nothing else has changed on my end.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi @dan17 

What is the 'back-story' here?  This is not the first suggestion that upgrades do not deliver what was expected ... and have taken a long time to resolve.

"upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra"

Upgrade from what?  ADSL or standard fibre (sub 40mbps)?

What was the speed prior to upgrade?

What was the projected speed estimate?

What was the speed after upgrade?

What was the MGS?

Are you on a fixed IP address?

Did you have a history of sub-par speed (on ADLS) and was this upgrade to fibre an attempt to 'resolve' the issue?  I fear that all too frequently upgrade to FTTC is being proposed where a difficult to locate line issue has not been addressed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dan17
Grafter

Hi, ,

It was an upgrade from ADSL to Fibre Unlimited Extra. First of all, the upgrade didn’t happen for a long time and had to chase several times. I was told that the order was stuck and whatnot. Then it was eventually switched to Fibre but the wrong one, just standard, around 30/40 mbps. Then when it was finally switched to Extra, the speed was around 50, and the promised speeds were around 60-62. I am on a fixed IP address but the Cs told me this didn’t have an impact on the upgrade or speeds. I don’t know about the rest.

Oh, and a faulty faceplate was replaced, but that didn’t help with the speed.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Sounds like on of those "When it goes wrong it goes wrong badly" - I have a couple of those tee-shirts!

I suspect that on the attempt to install, it was found that there were no spare working FTTC ports in your local cabinet ... and BTw can take their time in sorting such.  Thereafter there might have been some suspicion of a d-side copper circuit fault.

"I am on a fixed IP address but the Cs told me this didn’t have an impact on the upgrade or speeds"

I believe that there are circumstances where this is not totally true - I will ask!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.