cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit concerned

jonmanchester

Bit concerned

Hi all,
I joined plusnet a few weeks ago, we needed the phone line connecting, fair enough a bit of a wait, 3 weeks until an engineer could come out, then when the line was connected received an email from plusnet saying 5-7 working days for broadband to be connected. We had a provisional order completion date of the 23rd by 1pm (sent by text on 17th), now I've received an text saying 28th (text received today, 21st). Is it normal to take nearly 4 weeks to get the broadband going from point of ordering?
Tia
Jon
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Bit concerned

Hi there,
I'm sorry to advise that the order for broadband is due for the 28th. The reason being that it is in delay, we placed the order on the 16th, hence it should have been due for completion on the 23rd.
The reason for the delay seems to be that new equipment needs to be installed at the exchange to facilitate further broadband activations.
I'm sorry for this disappointing start but I can see no reason why the broadband shouldn't be activated on the 28th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonmanchester

Thanks Adam, but now it says 29th...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I wouldn't worry about that - both dates are probably "correct" in principle. Enabling broadband on your line involves two stages. First an engineer needs to visit the exchange and physically connect your line to the broadband equipment. After that BT admin work elsewhere has to be done to route your service to Plusnet.
The first stage will be done on the 28th; in theory that means up to midnight but most likely it will be done by lunchtime. The second stage follows and is likely to be completed the same day, but it could be next day, the 29th; then Plusnet are notified of order completion and your service should "activate". Quoting the 29th is the safe way to set expectations.
Plusnet should e-mail you when set-up is complete. If you haven't heard by late afternoon on the 28th are you comfortable with connecting up your router to see if you get sync (broadband light steady green)? If sync is attained, and the Internet light continuously flashes green, the odds are that manually activating your line would be successful - you would need to ring the CSC on 0800 432 0200 to request that. The important thing to note is that once your line is activated you will be charged even if BT work isn't complete, and a fault cannot be reported until the order officially completes.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just give me a shout (via this thread) on the 28th and I'll make sure we activate your account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonmanchester

Hi Adam,
Looks like the line has been activated from the exchange, I think you just need to do your thing and all will be good Smiley
Jon
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jon,
I've just checked the order, unfortunately it's not closed off yet. If your router is in sync then we can activate the account for you but it's important to tell you that you'll start paying for the broadband from today (if we do) and we also won't be able to raise any faults on the line until the order is complete.
If you're happy with that then let us know and we'll get it activated for you Smiley
jonmanchester

Hi Matt,
I'm happy to wait now that the line appears to be active, no point rushing it if problems could occur Smiley
jonmanchester

All activated now, seems a bit slow on upload but otherwise ok Smiley thanks for the help guys!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Let us know if there's no improvement with the upstream.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team