Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing notices

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Billing notices

I'm very sorry but we can't modify our billing system for one user.
magnetism2772
Grafter

then if any  wrong payment amount is taken from my account by your 3rd party DD operator
I will issue papers against plusnet personally for its instant refund and any expenses incurred doing so
in the local county court without further warning  
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the info Ben but something does not seem right with what you say. If, as you say, a notice is sent on the day you request a DD payment that is not giving the customer any notice at all. Something does not smell right at all with the whole billing system ALL customers should know what is being taken from the credit card or DD in good time BEFORE it is requested. In the current economic climate people are likely to have less cash to play with so need to kinow well in advance what they need to pay.
magnetism2772
Grafter

I'm very sorry but we can't modify our billing system for one user

If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change PlusNet plc will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.
this statement  is obviously false
magnetism2772
Grafter

are making false statements a breach  of contract ?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@giro, I must admit to being a little confused about why you're so aggrieved by this situation? Huh
Quote from: giro
If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change PlusNet plc will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.
this statement  is obviously false

Why is it?
Sorry for quoting my own post but:
Quote from: Bob
When paying by Direct Debit, the notification email is actually sent on the 4th, the request for payment is submitted to *our intermediary* and the funds *clear 3-4 days or so later*. Because the email is sent on the billing date our system /knows/ how much you're due to be billed for the month prior.

So your account *is* physically debited 3-4 working days after the notification is sent.
then if any  wrong payment amount is taken from my account by your 3rd party DD operator
I will issue papers against plusnet personally for its instant refund and any expenses incurred doing so
in the local county court without further warning

Why don't you contact our Customer Support Centre first, we're really quite reasonable and we don't bite! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

magnetism2772
Grafter

@giro, I must admit to being a little confused about why you're so aggrieved by this situation?

I am merely replying on behalf of the customer , for  their protection and for their rights  as laid out under the direct debit  scheme as watched over
by the financial ombudsman
magnetism2772
Grafter

I repeat that if at anytime a wrong amount is taken from my bank
without allowing adequate time to cancel it
It will be treated as If a fraudulent payment has been taken from my account and i will pursue plusnet over the matter
in the county court
magnetism2772
Grafter

---------------------------------------------
I'm not cynical I'm  experienced
---------------------------------------------
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Understood, and whilst a lengthier notice period might be desirable, I'm still of the opinion that you have time to prevent a transaction from clearing if you contact your bank shortly after you receive the notification.
I guess the debit/credit card aspect of things that glloyd raised could be resolved by making some code modifications to both send the notification and bill the customer three days later than what we currently do. The billing platform is quite a monolithic beast though so this won't be as easy to do as it may appear on face value.
I repeat that if at anytime a wrong amount is taken from my bank
without allowing adequate time to cancel it
It will be treated as If a fraudulent payment has been taken from my account and i will pursue plusnet over the matter
in the county court

That's your prerogative of course, but I maintain that we're not in breach of any banking regulations and was merely pointing out that it would be less hassle (and probably cheaper) for you to contact our helpdesk in the event of any problems with your billing (which at the moment are purely hypothetical).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

magnetism2772
Grafter

That's your prerogative of course, but I maintain that we're not in breach of any banking regulations and was merely pointing out that it would be less hassle (and probably cheaper) for you to contact our helpdesk in the event of any problems with your billing (which at the moment are purely hypothetical).

your accounting errors are  not my responsibility
i maintain that the DD guarantee protection states a person must be allowed time to make cancellations
it would be even less hassle and for (you)  everybody if plusnet gave  proper advanced notice of DD changes so as to make a cancellation possible  if necessary
magnetism2772
Grafter

as you refuse to do this .well you already have my response 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this is the headings of my last DD e-mail, Sunday
The money is and always has been taken from my bank at 9:00 on the 28th
That is hardly three days for me to take any action is it
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:11:54 +0100
Received: from [212.159.7.38] (helo=mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net)
  by inmx10.plus.net with esmtp (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) id 1OcyBV-0005YS-Pj
  for postmaster@qwerty.uk; Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:11:53 +0100
Received-SPF: None identity=pra; client-ip=84.92.1.97;
  receiver=mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net;
  envelope-from="padmin@pih-billing01.servers.plus.net";
  x-sender="support@free-online.net";
  x-conformance=sidf_compatible
Received-SPF: None identity=mailfrom; client-ip=84.92.1.97;
  x-sender="padmin@pih-billing01.servers.plus.net";
Received-SPF: None identity=helo; client-ip=84.92.1.97;
  x-sender="postmaster@relay.ptn-ipout01.plus.net";
X-SBRS: 5.3
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: Al8BAM6qS0xUXAFhmWdsb2JhbACTFYxcAQEBAQEICwoHESKuAYIzHY0GgwEIgi0Ej10
X-IronPort-AV: E=McAfee;i="5300,2777,6053"; a="333127043"
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.55,257,1278284400";
  d="scan'208";a="333127043"
Received: from mx.ironport.plus.net (HELO relay.ptn-ipout01.plus.net) ([84.92.1.97])
  by mx.ptn-ipin03.plus.net with ESMTP; 25 Jul 2010 11:11:53 +0100
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: AnUFABuqS0xUXebr/2dsb2JhbACTFYxHca1+gjMdjQaDAQiCLQSPXQ
Received: from outmx07.plus.net ([84.93.230.235])
  by relay.ptn-ipout01.plus.net with ESMTP; 25 Jul 2010 11:11:53 +0100
Received: from pih-billing01.servers.plus.net ([212.159.15.147] helo=pih-billing01.plus.net)
by outmx07.plus.net with esmtp (Exim) id 1OcyBV-0004fd-2x; Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:11:53 +0100
Received: from padmin by pih-billing01.plus.net with local (Exim 4.63)
(envelope-from <padmin@pih-billing01.plus.net>)
id 1OcyBU-0002hT-Vc; Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:11:53 +0100
nadger
Rising Star

Maybe I've been lucky but I've not had an accounting error in 3 years with Plusnet  Smiley
@giro I think you'll find that the default period for a DD notification is 10 working days unless a different period is specified by the supplier. There's no doubt that Plusnet specify clearly, on their website, a 3 day period so it's doubtful that you'd win in court.
If you feel so strongly about this raise it with your bank.
ps My email was dated 18th July and money taken on 22nd July.
magnetism2772
Grafter

@giro I think you'll find that the default period for a DD notification is 10 working days unless a different period is specified by the supplier. There's no doubt that Plusnet specify clearly, on their website, a 3 day period so it's doubtful that you'd win in court.

if you look at a direct debit default form its empty
the default is the company must give advanced warning of DD changes to enable  its cancellation by a customer