cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Disappointment

DrWhen

Big Disappointment

What a saga
27th April moved in to a new apartment I had been unable to arrange a service because no one listed my new postcode
28th April a mailshot card landed on my door mat from plusnet looked like they were the first to update from the royal mail database. I ordered my service!!!! 
2nd May  advice that you would have to charge £49.99 because it was a new line
3rd May advise delay
16th May trouble with routing ( we are 500 yards from the exchange)
23rd May after many phone calls we are given a number on an exchange 10 miles away !!!!!
Install date 6th June
Contractor connected service not working disappeared to exchange never to be seen again
Numerous calls to get sorted
8th June  Engineer appointment      no show though advised that we would be charged £60 if we did not keep appointment.
9th June  more  phone calls advised fault at exchange will be done today  NO
11th June  Text message to say now connected and can use NO not at my end
12th June new engineer appointment on the 15th
15th June Engineer Real BT one sorts problem, wrongly connected in street cabinet by contractor,  working phone  great
Now we start the cycle again for broadband
System not updating,  wait,  next update 22nd June
I am beginning to wish I waited for TalkTalk who got my post code 2 days later they did manage a 4 week cycle for everything last time I moved.
Even the Openreach engineer could not believe it had taken so long.
Is it becoming the norm to take as long as possible and threaten the consumer with more charges if he gets it wrong, but no recourse when the companies get it wrong.
I am not saying plusnet is the only one getting it wrong I am saying communication is the wrong word for the business because it does not happen.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Big Disappointment

I'm really sorry to hear about the delays and the issues you've encountered here.
We can certainly agree that where as some of the delays were unfortunate and couldn't be avoided, the communication of these issues between us and yourself could have been handled a lot better from first impression.
Is it becoming the norm to take as long as possible and threaten the consumer with more charges if he gets it wrong,

No, but it is possible for delays to happen, I'm sorry you were unlucky. With regards to charges we definitely would not mean that as any kind of threat but I can see how it might be construed as one. As it is a potentially chargeable fee we do have to advise you of it, however it is definitely not applicable if the visit is aborted or doesn't happen due to circumstances outside of your control and that definitely includes the engineer not turning up.
On a more positive note we've just managed to place your broadband order for you (supplier reference:  1-12169477275) That is due to complete on the 27th.
I hope your journey towards getting connected goes more smoothly from here and I would urge you to reply to this post again if you have any issues at all.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DrWhen

Adam
Thank you for your reply, I dont think unlucky is a good choice of word, I went way beyond what a normal customer would do to give helpful information to correct the exchange error.  All ready the BB date has extended by another day. Interestingly you chose not to quote the end of my statement which continued to say
but no recourse when the companies get it wrong.
Openreach walked away from the original job without the service working,  failed to attend a second appointment wasting 5 hours of my time then said the service was working when it was not, so the billing cycle started. The non working line then had to be reported as a fault. They then reported an underground fault which it was not it was a wiring mistake that should have been picked up on the first visit.
Regards
John
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi John,
I totally get where you're coming from and after looking into the provide I can see what a poor experience it was for you. I have had this raised to Openreach who will investigate what went on. This will be an internal investigation and we won't be privileged to any action taken. What I will say is that the complaint will be treated seriously and the engineer will be requested to answer for his actions.
With a line install customers do have to be available should the engineer need to attend, however the work can often be done outside the property. The biggest problem here is that he said the work was completed when it wasn't, and he will now be held accountable for that. I see you already have discounts for a broadband offer but as a gesture of goodwill I will add another free months' broadband to that.
I hope that helps. Please let me know if there's anything further I can do.
Jojo Smiley
DrWhen

Hi Joanne
Sorry but I am back I hesitated to thank you for your consideration of an extra months free broadband, reply 3# above 7 in all with the offer, in recognition of my long wait for a working service. I thought I would wait for my first bill. Unfortunately it looks like I am being billed for broadband. so it looks like the computer system still says no :(. Perhaps you could intervene once again please.
On a plus note I was interested to read in the message trail  tho I never recieved the said email        quote
Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.

Estimated line speed: Not available
Current line speed: 0.8Mbps
I am pleased to say I actually get 20+ tho I am only 500 yds from the exchange as the crow flies Cheesy
Thank you in advance for your attention
Regards
John
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DrWhen,
Looks like there was a blip in the system that allowed a second discount to be added for the same date. I've sorted that out and you'll get your next 6 months free (plus put a ticket on hold to make sure the second discount is readded once these have run out) plus I've refunded your subscription from this current invoice as a gesture of goodwill for the fault - hope that sorts everything out for you Smiley
harps1h
Grafter

Where are the admins in this post? why was it allowed to be hijacked by Wayhe. I would be seriously annoyed if I was the OP
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because it wasn't flagged up using the Report to Moderator button - we sometime miss things  Embarrassed
Anyway - fixed now
DrWhen

Hi Matt
Thank you for sorting that out,  touch wood that is an end to the saga.
Best Regards
John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers,
I'll pass your thanks on to Matt.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team