Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better late then never I guess.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Better late then never I guess.

Beware of BT appointment times:
Further to our earlier reply I can now confirm that the order has been accepted and the appointment booked for 20/09/11 between 8AM and 1PM. Please ensure that you are at the property during this period as the engineer will need access to install the fibre equipment.

Mine has just rung (at 12:45) to say he's just finishing with his previous customer and should be with me around 1PM.  Technically that's just about as promissed but, in my book, cutting things a bit fine.  If installation appointments are either between 8 & 1 or 1 & 6 then I'd expect completion by 1PM for a 'morning' appointment.  Luckily I have a fairly understanding employer as I have just had to call to say I expect to be in around 2PM rather than by 1:30PM as I had previously expected.
At least mine should be a simple install (I hope), I only have one BT socket (the master) and it sits in a convenient place right next to a double socket so absolutely no extra work for the engineer, my existing router is suitable for both ADSL and  EWAN (PPPOE) and is ready just to switch over.
Fingers crossed for a smooth FTTC install.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro

Re: Better late then never I guess.

Just completed the install, engineer says 40meg down  Smiley how long 'till the PN profile picks up?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Oh not long, about now-ish Smiley
Enjoy it, glad the engineer turned up when he said he would.
w23
Pro

Thanks Matt, if only BT Wholesale/Openreach could offer service like PlusNet.
The engineer was very polite (young chap), and happily fixed the modem on the wall (better for cooling) but was a bit unsure of my Billion 7402NX (ADSL + Ethernet WAN) but seemed most pleased when the internet light went green.
My already good pings (12-13ms with the odd higher spike) are now looking like 10-11 with a few little blips.  I'll find out just how good it is when my son gets home from school and switches his X-Box on.
Thanks again,
Alastair.
Call me 'w23'