cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Deals For New Customers

AndyH2
Dabbler

Better Deals For New Customers

Probably an old topic I'm resurrecting but need to voice my thoughts.

When I first joined Plusnet, I could upgrade to any of the offers as I am on a 30 day contract. Now that doesn't seem to be the case.

New customers can get 5GB data, unlimited texts and minutes for £6 on a Black Friday deal. The best I can get is 3GB rising to 4GB if taking a 12 month contract, which I have no intention of doing.

I really have had no complaints with Plusnet until now but this seems totally unacceptable.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Better Deals For New Customers

Have you spoken with our mobile support team to discuss a new deal or are you just looking online?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyH2
Dabbler

Hi, 

Not yet, just looked at my upgrade options in the app.

Annoyingly, on live chat, if I declare that I am an existing customer then it just ends the chat.

If I say that I am a new customer I get connected to a live agent. That is very poor customer service indeed!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy,

Before you judge us for not offering you a good deal as an existing customer, I'd give us a call on 0800 079 1133. Smiley

We turned off live chat for all but sales a while ago now in favour of other ways of getting in touch.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
C1Rider
Grafter

I have just been offered a " thank you " deal if I upgrade my current package.

The deal is £5.30 more each month and no £70 voucher when checking a comparison site offer.

Definitely better deals for new customers.

It's bordering on insulting.

Regards..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@C1Rider 

Out of interest have you rung us or are you just looking online as well?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyH2
Dabbler

To update.

I spoke to customer services today and I have secured the same offer as available on the Black Friday deals.

It would be easier if the deals were more transparent and available to everyone online. However, a satisfactory result so cant complain.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @AndyH2 

Excellent! You know what they say, don't judge a book by its cover Wink

Appreciate though it'd be easier if you could do this online. Happy to pass feedback on but I can't promise a change. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
C1Rider
Grafter

I received an unsolicited e_mail from Plusnet that prompted me to see what was on offer, my contract doesn't finish until next year so time yet to consider my options.

Incidently when I signed into my account there's a banner offer which is £3.00 per month less than the e_mailed offer !  No £70 voucher either. 

New customer still " wins " ..

Regards..

C1Rider
Grafter

I agree with you although I believe it will never happen.

It's called marketing.

Get prospective to contact you and give them a " special " offer making them feel that they have something better than everyone else.

Old cynic, aren't I ?

Regards..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @C1Rider 

Fair enough. Let's wait until the last 40 days of your contract ending for your "end of contract reminder" we'll email you, because here we will include our best offer, in line with Ofcom guidance. 

If you're wanting to upgrade sooner, why not give us a call on 0800 013 2632? Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet