cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being overcharged for a bill over £350 for what they know to be an error

odeceus

Being overcharged for a bill over £350 for what they know to be an error

Like many on here I have experienced the same problems with billing. Since joining a new contract in January 2019 I haven't received a bill - until October where they claimed they would take £350.87 in a few days.
Shocked I rang straight away to be told don't worry you will only get charged for the last 3 months and 1 month in advance so 4 months in total (basic fibre deal is £26.99 pcm). I also have an email from them to this effect.
However despite several weeks and many calls later the issue has now escalated to debt collection agents.

Initially I was told £350 would not leave my account and that my incorrect bill (containing 2 cancellation fees of different amounts) clearly an error - would be fixed.

Of course that was false - £350 left my account 17Oct19 and I had to urgently phone my bank to get it back.

This happened again in November despite phoning again to resolve; being promised: no - this wont happen etc.

Now they are telling me if I don't pay £362 (due to additional fees due to no payment) my account will be closed permanently and a debt collection agency will be responsible for getting the amount.

They say their system cannot amend the bills and we are sorry for telling you otherwise - its not possible.
But pay the huge bill and we will refund the non-chargeable amount. - Yeah right. They go onto say only once its with the debt collection agency it can be amended - to include that companys fees no doubt!
Contacted the ombudsman and now waiting for a deadlock letter.

I have said to Plusnet multiple times I am happy to pay what I owe and will gladly do so once they send a corrected bill.....

Plusnet if you care about your customers: 194988686 is the open case number you can review  in full.

Reply if you have had anything as shocking as this.

5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Being overcharged for a bill over £350 for what they know to be an error

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @odeceus,

I am deeply sorry for the experience you have had and for the inconvenience this has caused. I can see that along side the error with your bill that there has been a break down in communication which has resulted in making the issue worse.

I have looked into this at great depth and would like to give you a call to discuss it. I am in the office until 16:00, please can you get back to me with when would be the best time to reach you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
odeceus

Dear Sammy
I am free to take a call now please call the number you have on file for me ending in 8300.
odeceus

Dear Sammy
I am free to take a call now please call the number you have on file for me ending in 8300.
Tags (1)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Thanks for your time today and I really appreciate your understanding.

I will now send you a ticket confirming the plan of action and the steps I have already put in place. I can assure you I am like a dog with a bone and ill ensure we get to an amicable resolution.

If you have any concerns, please get back to me in the methods advised and thank you for giving me the opportunity to put this right.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team