cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged more than I was informed for new package

swootten
Hooked

Being charged more than I was informed for new package

I have broad band and phone package my bill was going up due to phone calls so I phoned plus net and was offered an anytime phone call package , when I phoned to confirm my bill a few days later I was told my bill was £5 more a month than I expected , when I complained they said they would listen to the recording of my phone call. Which they found had not been recorded strangely . 

So I now have a bill that is more than I agreed , if I could listen to that recording that would have helped 

has this happened to any body else 

I have been with plus net for many years and found them to be excellent. But they have changed and they seem to treat new customers with much better offers 

7 REPLIES 7
swootten
Hooked

Plus net customer services where great but not now

i have been a customer for many years and always been very pleased  but now I have had an offer then been denied it. I was told I was on a rolling monthly contract then told I was on a 24 month contract . 

I was left confused unsettled and paying more than I was promised.  When my contract runs out I'm off

Wilee

Re: Plus net customer services where great but not now

Hey Swooten, I echo everything you say, except to add that my band width has dropped from 13+mps down to less than 8mps. I can't wait for next Feb. I'll be going back to talktalk.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Being charged more than I was informed for new package

Could you confirm when this call was please. I can see that someone did arrange to look for and listen to a call for you, however their notes suggest they were looking for a call made on 05/06/16. However looking at the account, I can see you called us on 18/05/16 to add the Anytime call plan.

I've also had a look over the most recent invoice (21/05//16)  and the one prior to that (21/04/16) and can see the most recent one did increase by £5. However this was due to the extra £3 for the Anytime call plan and the call charges that month were £2 more than the previous month.

As the Anytime call plan came in to effect on 21/05/16 and the call charges on the invoice generated that day were for calls made up to 20/05/16, I would expect the invoice generated on 21/06/16 to be lower due to the new call plan now in place.

Is it possible there has been some confusion around when call charges/call plans would take affect?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@swootten Looking at your account, you are on a rolling monthly contract with discounts up until 21/05/17.

@Wilee Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped. Have you tried our troubleshooting guide here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/

If the troubleshooting guide doesn't help, it may be worth raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net if you haven't already, so our faults team can investigate that for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Threads merged

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

swootten
Hooked

Thankyou for looking 

I was offered a package with anytime call for a lower price than £30 a month because I had been with plusnet for a long time now I'm being charged £34  I know they said they can't find the recording it was when I changed to anytime .  I'm not sure how a recording can be lost it was recent.  Plus net has always been great and very helpful  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Please could you confirm when the call took place where you discussed this new offer. Was it the same call when you arranged for any time calls to be added?
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet