cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be honest Plusnet

carolej
Grafter

Be honest Plusnet

In all seriousness, would you pay for a phone service that's all but unusable and broadband that is so bad I have to log in to my neighbour's router to be able to use the internet?  I know there is an engineer booked for Monday, but the fact that I am having to "piggyback" my neighbours Sky broadband is past a joke!
I am really really not happy at present  Angry
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Be honest Plusnet

I understand faults are frustrating but until the engineer has visited there isn't really much else we can do at the moment.
Once the fault is resolved I'm happy to take a look at reimbursing you for the downtime you've encountered but until it's resolved we don't know how much/long that is.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
carolej
Grafter

This has been going on for 3 weeks, quick to take the money tho.  Like I said, not happy, might as well be paying my neighbour half her Sky subs!
carolej
Grafter

I want some form of working broadband this weekend that doesn't involve me logging in to my neighbours router, as I am now, because logging into my own router, it says its connected, but it won't do anything, so I have no doubt you will say "oh well its been connected so no reimbursement"
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I want some form of working broadband this weekend that doesn't involve me logging in to my neighbours router

It's possible that the connection may fix itself, however as the engineer isn't visiting until next week it's more likely to be then.
so I have no doubt you will say "oh well its been connected so no reimbursement"

I've already said that we're happy to sort this out for you in my previous reply?
[quote=me]Once the fault is resolved I'm happy to take a look at reimbursing you for the downtime you've encountered but until it's resolved we don't know how much/long that is.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
carolej
Grafter

I can't stay logged in to my neighbour's router, it'll cost me £15 to top up my mobile dongle to keep me going for the forseeable future.  I'm disabled, I rely on the 'net for my banking, shopping, topping up my gas and electric, not to mention my social life,  Maybe I should just have binned TalkTalk, not bothered with Plusnet and just stuck with 3 mobile!
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

...or maybe you should just accept that sometimes "you-know-what" happens, and from what I've read on this thread PN are doing their best to help you and are willing to consider some sort of re-imbursement. Not sure what you mean by "just binning" TalkTalk but as an ex-customer of theirs I seriously suggest you give PN a chance before you jump out of the frying pan into the fire!
carolej
Grafter

I am an ex customer ot TalkTalk, I never had to login to my neighbours router to use the internet with them.  
But hey yeah, I'll just shut up and keep on paying PN for nothing...
"considering some sort of re-imbursement" are they going to pay my neighbour for me logging into her router and using her Sky broadband, or will they pay the topup for my 3 dongle so I can use the net while i am paying them for something that doesn't work?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
To be honest like has already been mentioned faults are frustrating, they happen unfortunately. There must be a lot of other people having and going through the same issues. You can't expect Plusnet to pay towards somebody else's Broadband or to top up your 3 dongle, but what you can expect is for the fault to be looked into properly, which it is, you can also expect a reimbursement as previously stated. Unfortunately it is just how it goes you either have Broadband or you don't, there's nothing really in the middle. There's nothing Plusnet can do to magically have your connection fixed by the weekend - it just doesn't work like that. If they could of had it fixed by the weekend, then it would be fixed by the weekend.
- Chris