cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad customer service

samuria
Grafter

Bad customer service

I have been with plus net something like 14 years and have web hosting as part of the deal. I have a site hosted on the sister in laws package that I own there is very little on the site as its all linked to external sites for photos but it is used by a FREE forum to host a few tools to help people for free to solve pc problems.
A few days ago the site was taken down yet again by plusnet ticket 104428139. as on odd occasions like 3 times a year for one day people have a fit and use it a lot this I have no control over. I filled in the normal ticket and 5 days later still no site so we cant help people with pcs as the tools are gone. Being a bank holiday that will be another 2 days  gone.
You advertise good  customer service but this is total unnecessary its not as if it was going over by gigs every day and a week without it is rubbish with so many years with plusnet and I have referred lots of people. this want sorting any site can go over for no reason and it should take a few days going over by large amounts before anything is done. It leaves people open to abuse if someone want to take my site down all they have to do if is load pages lots of times for a day and bang my site as gone for days.
There need to be common sense applied here and think of land standing customers 
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Bad customer service

The site should be back up, sorry for any delays.
It's worth keeping in mind that we don't really offer webspace, so the scripts that are causing the problem you're experiencing are unlikely to be updated. Sorry for any inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
samuria
Grafter

When I signed up years ago webspace was part of the deal and has carried on its no good trying to get new customers if you dont look after ones that have been with you for years
PembsPanther
Grafter

Why you would use Plus Nets hosting offering is beyond me, as someone who runs multiple web servers hosting in total just over 100 different websites for clients I would never in a million recommend using Plus Net for hosting. Decent web hosting is so cheap nowadays there really is no reason to be using low end tech with little in the way of support for such purposes, move to a decent host and your recurring problems will be over, simples!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I totally get what you are saying, and we do want to look after existing customers. Likewise though, the scripts will automatically pick up and over usage of site or levels of bandwidth and remove the site. Generally speaking it will be put back on quite quickly on request, but the timing was bad in that respect.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team