Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rearranging a BTO visit

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Rearranging a BTO visit

Just been reading this thread :-  http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5247788
Haven't got a view/experience of his point re secondary account holders but the OP is suggesting that he has been told that a rearrangement of a visit at less than 48 hours notice will lead to a charge of £50 and is suggesting that this is in PN's t & cs. If so, its news to me !!
Fair enuf to be charged if you aren't there for the actual visit.........but 48 hours ?? Undecided Especially when BT frequently give no noice of their failures to anyone !!!
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Rearranging a BTO visit

The only reference in the terms I can find is this:
Where we arrange for an engineer to visit your Premises for activation of the Service, or for resolution of a fault, you will be responsible for any costs incurred owing to any of the following:
- when you cancel a request for an engineering visit later than 48 hours before the scheduled visit.

I would be surprised if you are charged £50 for re-arranging an engineer's visit - I can think of plenty of scenarios where someone might have to re-arrange a time/date.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Have to admit I wasn't aware of 48 hour rule Embarrassed Embarrassed
Yet ANOTHER example of where the "contract" is loaded in BTO's favour -we have to give 48 hours notice,they give none !! Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Mod:note
Locked in favour of existing thread
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'